Welcome to your new house! Now it is time to give it that special individual touch, so it will feel like your home. For the past 83 years U. Santini, a full service moving company in Brooklyn, has been helping people move and feel comfortable in their new homes. Moving, in itself can be stressful, but moving in Brooklyn, Manhattan, well New York City, in general, takes it to a whole new level, as space here is VERY limited, and spacious apartments are rare luxuries. Usantini is one of the most trusted moving and storage companies in New York City. If you are looking for a Brooklyn mover, or just for some moving services in Brooklyn – Don’t hesitate to call us at 718-768-6778 and our sales team will be happy to discuss your coming moving and storage needs.
Here are 12 tips that we have used time and again, to help you to start organizing your new place in a very efficient manner that is easy to maintain. Consider using these tips unless you intend to get a storage unit in Manhattan or Brooklyn.
- Use pretty baskets, mason jars and boxes to contain bathroom clutter and toiletries. Lotions, razors, hair spray, etc. can easily be placed under the counter. They will be out of sight but easy to reach and use.
- Keep bath items in the tub/shower area by hanging an organizer over the shower head or in the corner of the tub. These are inexpensive and easy to use.
- Use decorative baskets or magazine racks for reading materials. These also are handy to store television remotes, tissues and other items out of sight.
- Use pants hangers to store boots. Simply clip the top of the boots and hang in the closet where they are accessible but out of the way.
- Install hooks or use over the doors hooks to keep coats, towels, robes and the like organized.
- Consider hanging a shoe organizer over the back of a door and fill it with cosmetics.
- Clothing should be sorted by season and items not being used can be sealed in vacuum bags. They will take up less room and will be safe from mildew and moths. This works well for extra comforters, quilts and blankets also.
- Clear bins, totes and tubs are great for organizing a room, an entire home or a garage. They allow the contents to be easily identified and stack to conserve space.
- Install pegboard in the kitchen, kid’s rooms or just about anywhere. Utilize these to hang items so they are off the floor or counters and easily retrieved.
- Use chalkboard paint to create a bulletin board on a door or wall. Write family activities, daily chores, schedules and other information on it so everyone can see and know what is happening each day.
- Install a tension rod under the kitchen sink and in cabinets. There are no tools required and they are easily removed. Use these to hang cleaning products, set spices on them or to stack plates.
- Install a magnetic rack in the kitchen to hold knives and other sharp utensils. They will be out of the way and children cannot reach them. Use the same idea in the garage.
These are just a few ideas to get you started in your new home. Since we are movers and packers, full service movers, business movers and experienced in every area of moving and storage, we can answer questions. We fulfill your every need for movers in NYC or anywhere. We offer packing services, move a small apartment or can move an entire business. We are available for New York moving and storage or will customize services to suit your every need. Come by our office or call us at (718)768-6778 to receive exceptional customer service or just to get more helpful hints for organizing your home.