No matter what you might think, bigger is always better. So if you’ve come to that point when your business has expanded out of your current office space, you’re on a good path. Next step would be finding and securing a bigger office space. And what better HQ location than one that is both reliable and affordable – Brooklyn. However, unlike your run-of-the-day household relocation, commercial moving is a different playing field. Due to the amount of supplies and people being moved, it is far more complex and demanding. So if you were expecting your Brooklyn office relocation to be a piece of cake, think again. It will be an operation which will require investing a whole lot of time and money. But with a little help from a professional and experienced Brooklyn mover, you’ll get there. Continue reading “Brooklyn office relocation tutorial”
Relocation is not cheap – fact. Relocation to New York is definitely not cheap – fact. There is no way to reduce costs of moving to NYC – wrong. Negotiating with Brooklyn movers is not possible – wrong. It all comes down to variables and how you control the outcome, which you can in fact do. All you need to remember is that you as the client hold all the cards – it all comes to how you will play the game. The name of the game is Brooklyn moving negotiation, and in order to win it, you have to learn it. Learn how to play and learn how to read the signs in the game and we guarantee that you will be able to get the best price possible for your relocation to Kings County. Continue reading “Tips on Brooklyn moving negotiation”
You’re the one to choose what kind of storage shall you search for. Long-term or short-term, outdoor or indoor, full-service or self-storage solutions. It depends directly on your needs. Of course, on your budget too. If you have limits, you’re more likely to search for the solutions fitting your needs and your budget. If you have an unlimited budget, you shall seek for the best Brooklyn depository you can find. We shall assume that you have at least some limits, so you might be looking for a quality and cheap storage Brooklyn solution. Given that many people are typing ‘cheap storage Brooklyn’, this article should help all of you who need to save money on using a Kings County storage. The first, and at the same time the most important tip is to be careful when looking for a Brooklyn storage on a budget. Now, let’s learn how to search.
What are the common reasons to use a storage in Brooklyn?
To be able to properly choose a warehouse unit in Brooklyn saving your money, you must know exactly the type of the storage you shall seek for. As we said, there are private and public, long and short-term, storages with climate control and without it, etc. If you have specific needs, then you must search for the specific depository solutions. So the term ‘cheap’ will have a completely different meaning for someone searching for a long term, climate-controlled storage solution, comparing to others only looking for cheap storage Brooklyn, with no specific requirements. That being said, you must have a vision of what you’re searching for. There are different occasions when you might need a Brooklyn depository. For example:
- Needing a cheap storage Brooklyn to store your items until your local Kings County move is over
- Looking for a warehouse to place your items until renovating your house
- Leaving a college during the summer, so placing your belongings into some depository until you’re back
- You own a company needing lots of raw materials, so you need a climate controlled storage to keep your raw materials safe until used in production
- Needing a warehouse for your final products until sent to the final point of distribution
All of the aforementioned and many things more might be the reason why you could need a cheap Brooklyn storage solution. And, again, when looking for a cheap solution, be very careful. We tend to avoid the use of the word ‘cheap’, given that cheap means almost in all cases of low quality. Searching for a Brooklyn depository you can afford, or quality and affordable Brooklyn storage could be a lot better option than just looking to find the Kings County warehouse at the lowest price.
How to find a quality and yet cheap storage in Brooklyn?
Cheap is a relative term. What might be cheap for someone could be affordable to someone else, and yet expensive to the third person. Therefore, when saying ‘cheap storage Brooklyn’ we shall discuss globally what you should do to find a depository solution fitting into your budget, avoiding storage scams, and having your items safely stored. There are several suggestions how you should search for an affordable depository unit in Brooklyn(the precondition is to learn exactly what kind of storage you need, so you could choose the one fitting your needs):
- Choose just the right size: You don’t want to find a cheap depository in Brooklyn too small for your needs, or the one exceeding your requirements.
- Do you have the exact preferences for a location? If not, going a few blocks further might make you able to shop for a lot cheaper Brooklyn storage than in your neighborhood.
- Learn what kind of insurance you need. Then shop for cheap storage Brooklyn option satisfying your needs.
- Check the previous history of Brooklyn storage seeming affordable. Do they raise to raise the prices every now and then?
- Avoid using the services you don’t need. It might be affordable for someone needing extra services in the storage, but if there’s something you don’t need, why would you pay for it?
Choosing the right size of your Brooklyn warehouse saves your money
There are different sizes of depository units. While there are some storages of the standard sizes, there are also units adjusted to the various needs customers might have. Measure the size of the items you need to put into a depository and find out what size would fit you the best. We suggest you rent the warehouse big enough to place all your items. Or leave some small space so you could enter. It’s pointless to rent the storage larger than you need. This certainly won’t help you with finding a cheap storage in Brooklyn.
This stands for personal storage solutions. For companies, you mostly need to respect some standards of where your belongings are allowed to be kept. So you don’t get to choose the size of a depository. Besides, when it comes to long-term cooperation with the companies, Kings County storages mostly have the solutions independent from the size. So, for you as a commercial user of a Kings County storage, the size doesn’t matter that much.
If you can choose the location, you’re closer to a cheap storage Brooklyn solution
Different Brooklyn borough locations bring different prices for a depository unit. Sounds logical, right? So if you don’t have some exact location where you would like to rent a storage, shopping for it around would make you able to find an affordable Brooklyn storage rent. Go a few miles further, ask your friends, or search the web. Learn where are the most affordable depository solutions in Kings County, and pay them a visit. Check if the low cost isn’t at the same time low-quality. Don’t run for it the moment you see the price fits your budget.
Besides this, go deeper in your neighborhood, the warehouse options not so close to the main streets are commonly cheaper. If you need a storage just to place your items for a while, this could be a perfect solution for you. Also, there are warehouse owners owning more than one depository facility in different locations in Brooklyn. If you are ok with different locations, you can ask them to recommend some of their cheap storage Brooklyn solutions. They want all their units rented, so any choice you make is good enough for them.
The insurance – What’s the coverage you should be satisfied with?
It, again, depends on the kind of needs you have. On one hand, if you’re looking for a self-storage solution, just to place your home clutter, or keep your items safe until the relocation is over, you can get the basic insurance, just to make sure you’ll get compensated in a case of a robbery. Or a little more in addition, in case something gets damaged. If your belongings are not that worthy, or cannot get damaged that easily, purchasing an insurance policy could be quite cheap for you. On the other hand, if you’re placing some items of a great value, that easily can get damaged, the insurance will be more expensive. Estimate how worth and how important those items are for you, and purchase the appropriate policy.
You don’t want to purchase a big policy for the items such as your old clothes or some bike you almost never ride. To repeat once again, if you want to find a cheap storage in Brooklyn, all the extra or unnecessary services should be avoided. An insurance policy is one of them. Yes, it’s important, but the price should be adjusted to the importance of the belongings you intend to keep in the storage.
Does the cheap Brooklyn storage you’re considering tend to raise the prices?
This is almost equally important if you’re looking for a long-term or a temporary warehouse in Brooklyn. Yes, everything might seem great the moment you sign the contract– the price lower than all other Kings County depository units, great service, the maximum of security, cheap insurance etc. But what if, only a month or two after you signed the contract, the owner raises the rent? You would have two options. To search for another cheap solution, given that this option wouldn’t be that cheap after the increase in rent. Or you could leave your belongings in the same warehouse, being forced to pay more money than you planned.
To avoid this, we suggest you read the reviews on each storehouse unit you’re considering to rent. Check how satisfied people are with the services in long-term, and are there the signs of a fraud, in terms of attracting people with low prices, and raising them shortly afterward. If you can meet some client of the depository, it’s even better thing. Because the bad reviews might be removed. So you could get the information from the first hand. Our suggestion is to first ask your friends and family for a recommendation. Some of them might have used some cheap Brooklyn warehouse. If none of them has a suggestion, then thoroughly check each storage before even considering to sign a contract.
Do you really need all those additional storage services?
Cheap storage Brooklyn and additional storage services don’t really go together, do they? There’s an obvious answer. Only, when we get to the depository and talk to the owner or the manager, somehow many of us tend to rent some storage considering it very affordable compared to the services we get. Let’s discuss the problem more detailed. Let’s assume we have three storage options (10X30):
- Just the rent, with no additional services, at 500$
- The rent with the insurance included, at 600$
- The rent, with the insurance, included, and with some additional services, at 700$
Here’s what’s the deal. If we’re talking to an owner, he/she will persuade us that the best option for us is the third one. Offering more than any other storage, at the very affordable price of 700$. But let’s stop here for a moment. Do you truly need those additional services, if you only intend to place the clutter into a self-storage unit? Probably not. So why would you pay for them, even if they were affordable, and throw away some 100-1500$ per month? Then, the second option would be the best, right? Well, it might be, but not necessarily.
What we suggest is to shop for the insurance. Check on the prices. And compare the sum of the first option and the insurance to the second option. Even if you save some 30-40$ per month, it’s a considerable saving when you calculate it yearly. Don’t rent a storage just because someone says it’s affordable. Look only for the services you necessarily need. The rest is too much and adds to the price you pay, with no benefits for you.
Conclusion- To find a cheap storage in Brooklyn, search only for necessary services
This means that no matter what requirement you might have, shopping for an only necessary solution is the key to finding a depository solution you’d consider cheap. Every additional service and every solution exceeding your basic requirements will cost you at least a little more. Don’t go for it if a low-cost Brooklyn warehouse is what you want to find. You’re not looking for an affordable solution containing additional services. I mean, it’s great if you have the budget to cover it. But when talking about the cheap solution, this isn’t something you should be considering.
So the day for your relocation to Brooklyn has finally come! Cheers! So much planning has gone into this, so many checklists, contracts and budget calculations. Everyone knows their roles and what they should do. And there is no doubt that everything will go as planned. Even if it doesn’t, you surely have a contingency plan and are prepared for every situation that might arise. Starting with choosing the top moving company in Brooklyn. But there is someone that doesn’t have the ability to take care of itself – your pet…or even pets. The more the merrier. And in case you are not yet aware, good organization and planning is what gets you a Brooklyn pet-friendly relocation.
When people say that moving is stressful – they are completely right. The amount of stress one person endures during the moving process is huge. So it comes as no surprise that our pets feel the same way, although they can’t express it with words. Pets suffer during moving, and they need to be taken care of just like any other living creature. No, reducing that NYC moving stress can be done easily enough. But let’s talk first about everything you will have to do when moving with pets.
Tips on getting a smooth Brooklyn pet-friendly relocation
Even though most places will extend the same courtesies to pets as they do to people, there are other things to consider. To being with, you need to get familiar with the regulations. Then, you need to plan out the packing and transportation to your new home. And finally, you need to walk your pet through the adjustment phase for your new home. It is our hope that the following advice will help both you and your animal companion make a stress-free move.
When moving to Brooklyn with pets, make sure to take care of all the documentation
Regardless of where you’re moving to, there are still laws that require you to possess certain documents, permits and certificates. If you are by any chance relocating to another country, check here for additional information. And even if you are staying in the US, you need to have all of the necessary info. You never know when and what you might need. So, what is it that you need to have when moving with pets? Read up:
Take the time to conduct proper research before moving with pets.
- Birth certificate is a must especially if it has clearly stated which type of check ups and vaccines does your pet have.
- Do your research and find out the requirements of every state so you wouldn’t be in trouble at the border. Some more info can be found online.
- In case your pet has a pedigree, make sure that you have the papers to act as a certificate.
- Customs Documentation – basically, you as an owner need to provide a copy of your passport, visa/work permit and the customs clearance form. This of course goes in case of international moves.
Before getting into your Brooklyn pet-friendly relocation, check out any restrictions in your new home.
In case you are planning to bring your little friend with you, make sure that you are moving inside a pet-friendly zone. Your landlord, as well as your neighbors, needs to be informed and give their consent before you move in with a pet. Local communities have a big say in this as well. And it makes a lot of difference what type of animal or even what breed your animal companion is. Avoid causing unnecessary problems for yourself and check out all of this in advance.
Explore your NYC neighborhood before moving with pets to find everything your pet might need
To ensure your Brooklyn pet-friendly relocation, you need to inform yourself about the laws regarding vaccination, leashes and even zoning of certain areas. Being the one moving into the neighborhood, you need to follow the rules of the community. In addition to this, you should check out all of the necessities your pet will require such as vet’s office, infirmary, pet shop etc.
Make sure that your pet is cared for during and after the move to NYC
Moving being chaotic and stressful as it is, no one would blame you if something slipped your mind. That is why texts like this are important – to prevent you from forgetting. You will need to meet the emotional needs of your pet. Always assume that they will be lost, confused and in need of attention and extra care while adjusting to the new environment. You might not have enough time to give it to them, but make sure they have enough of attention, if not from you than from other people.
Some additional precautionary measures for securing a Brooklyn pet-friendly relocation
Moving can be very dangerous, and pets can be collateral damage of the entire process. Still, there are tools you can use to protect your pets while the move is taking place:
Ensure that your pet can always be identified in case he/she gets lost.
- First things first, make sure your pet has an ID tag. It doesn’t have to be long, but it should be able to resist the weather and to have all of the necessary information. Information such as your pet’s name, your name and the address you are heading to. This way even if it does get lost, it would be much easier to find him.
- Another level of protection that enables you to track your pet would be a microchip. Today it is a very common practice for pets to have this so they wouldn’t get lost and they would be much easier to find.
- Have a picture of your pet and a short description always on hand. If there are any significant changes in the appearance of your, make sure you have the most recent picture.
Some parting summations
When the actual Brooklyn relocation day comes, and you have decided on moving with pets, then be prepared for it. You will not be doing anyone of favor if you don’t have anything prepared.
- Ensure that you have a way of transporting your pet without causing him any problems and depriving him of sun light and fresh air.
- Then, assign someone to be responsible for the animal. The sole job of that person would be to transport the animal safely to your new Brooklyn home.
- In the end, provide enough food and water so that your pet would be taken care of during the actual move. This way, there will be no need to worry and you can proceed with your Brooklyn pet-friendly relocation without any problems.
Putting down your foot and deciding to move is never an easy decision. It carries plenty of responsibilities – finding the right movers, skimming through comments and reviews, planning out the packing and unpacking, getting that ideal apartment or house… Basically, you burn through a whole lot of time and stress. So have you considered how to accomplish that stress-free Brooklyn move in a few simple steps?
Tips on making that stress-free Brooklyn move
Having NYC as your new home, you need to live up to that life-style. Instead of stressing and worrying over every detail about your Brooklyn relocation, just take it step by step like a boss. And in case you’re lost on how to get there, we might be able to help you with this simple guide. This is what you would call stress-relief through reading and understanding.
Embrace your choice to move to Brooklyn in order to prevent stress
Moving can be quite frightening in addition to being a long and slightly complicated process. After all, you are going to a completely new place to start all over or transition to that next step. So the important thing to do is take a deep breath and relax.
Easier said than done, right? Wrong.
It gets much more easier once you know what to focus on. As long as you are positive and put all the good vibes in front of the concerns, you’ll be headed for that stress-free Brooklyn move avenue.
Just think on how Brooklyn can influence you and enrich up your life. East coast sunlight, people everywhere around you, opportunities that can be found on every corner. And since is such a popular destination, you will get the chance to meet a whole lot of people and make that Brooklyn nest in no time. And when you’re looking to re-locate and find or start new business endeavors, the more contacts you make, the easier it will be.
Achieving a stress-free Brooklyn move takes planning and preparation
With most things in life, planning is half the battle. Relocation is no exception to this fact. So if you are looking to blow off some stress, consider taking out the necessary time to plan out the entire moving process. And here are some key tips to get you started on the path:
- Make sure to secure your new Brooklyn home before all else. Transporting your stuff from point A to point B is the very definition of moving. With that in mind, securing point B should be the first and most important step. So start looking into finding that perfect Miami apartment.
- Secure the services of an ideal Brooklyn mover for your stress-free relocation. Saving money is always in your best interest, especially when you are looking to re-locate to NYC. But you also need to make sure that your possessions are moved safely and without harm. So get into doing research – comb through the Web, ask around and look into local moving companies. Get some additional recommendations, dial some phone numbers and schedule face-to-face interviews with the moving reps. The more reliable the mover, the more at ease you will be. And the more at ease you are, the less stress you experience.
- Prepare and plan out your packing ahead of time. Give yourself two or even three weeks before the actual move to begin packing everything up. Do an inventory and go about finding the right packing material required. Then plan out how to go about packing everything you need. Consider that the moving checklist is long and that leaving everything for the last minute only complicates things. This it something you want to avoid when looking to reduce moving stress to a minimum.
De-clutter your way to a stress-free Brooklyn move
Given how much of a hassle packing might be, why not modify your approach and make it a fun project. Once you’ve gone through your belongings, there will be so much ways to go about minimizing stress:
- In case you are planning a yard sale, taking photos of the stuff and promoting them can be quite interesting. Call some friends and make a day out of it. Pick out a sunny day (preferably Saturday) to spread out all of you stuff in an organized manner. Make sure that you advertise to your neighborhood and co-workers to get the best outcome possible.
- If a yard sale is not in your venue, how about charging on positive energy through donation. There are always less fortunate people out there that could use some of the things that you no longer need. Consider how much your old coffee table or clothing and toys that you’ve outgrown could mean to those less fortunate. So look into your local charitable organizations and give them a call. Some might even be willing to come by and pick up the thing you want to donate. And what better way to leave you mark on the community that you’re leaving behind.
- Consider whether any of your possessions has the attention of your friends. It’s good to sell to someone, but even better to gift to someone who you know will appreciate it. And the best thing is that this would be a win-win option. You de-clutter, saving space and moving costs, while at the same time showing your friends how much you care. That’s what you would call stress-relief 101.
And another thing – you must have a whole lot of food and drinks that need to get consumed before you move out, right? So why not make a farewell party with friends and neighbors. Make some cocktails, prepare some interesting meals and make some parting memories. Laughs and tears are guaranteed but more importantly, so are happiness and stress-relief.
Post-move paranoia and how to conquer it
It’s important for to understand that everyone goes through three stages while moving:
- Letting go – packing up everything and saying “farewell” to your friends.
- The in-between – looking back at what you’ve left behind while on your way to your new home.
- New beginning – setting yourself up in your new Brooklyn residence and making a nest for your new life.
Focusing on the third phase – you need to realize how to go about launching that new beginning. And there are several ways to go about doing that:
- Get to know your new neighbors. Nothing like new friends to help you blend into your new surroundings. It also helps to have someone to count on in case of emergencies. And you will get some insight into what the neighborhood has to offer.
- Go out for a walk and explore. As majestic as it is – NYC can be quite interesting to explore, so why go out on an adventure. You might be surprised by what and who you find.
- See the full potential that is in front of you. No matter the reason for you decision to move, the important thing is to remain positive. Things have a way of working themselves out, and in time, everything fits right in where it’s supposed to. So go out and seize the day!
If you plan a New York relocation but aren’t looking for living in the crowded city center, moving to Brooklyn could be just the right place for you. If you are looking for a new home on a budget, in Brooklyn you can find more affordable rent costs. Every year, this part of the city is a host to many artists, people from the business world, and many students.
Despite the common people’s opinion, Brooklyn has changed in the past years. Now it is a safe place to live with a great subway connection to the New York City center. It is a good place to raise a family. Neighborhoods are rustic and the neighbors are friendly. In Brooklyn, you will encounter a lot of cultural and language diversity. There are great schools to choose from and many activities that you can do in your free time. Moving to Brooklyn is an easy task when you know what to expect.
Moving to Brooklyn will make you feel like home
One of many reasons you will fall in love will Brooklyn is its close connected community. Locals say that meeting people is the best part of living here. You will always know who your neighbors are, and you will probably even share keys to your homes for emergencies. It is rare to have that kind of community closeness in the heart of the big city. Brooklyn has its way of spreading love and you can feel it as soon as you arrive. Local culture is cultivated by the residents and business in the area. People are friendly and very social, and this is one of the many reasons why families move to Brooklyn.
You can be who you are without anyone bothering or looking at you like you are from another planet. Brooklyn stands as a combination of different cultures and people, and wherever you come from you will find your place. Soon after you move to Brooklyn you will get the feeling that you are home which is a big part of Brooklyn charm.
More space for less money
Moving to Brooklyn has many upsides. One of them is the rent cost, which is way cheaper than in New York City center. If your plan is to live with roommates you will be surprised by how many options you will find. For the same amount of money, you can get a twice as big apartment as you would get in Manhattan. If you need help with packing and moving your household in Brooklyn, consider hiring professionals to do it for you.
Most Brooklyn buildings have beautiful walk-ins. Many of them have a backyard, roof access and other amenities New York City center tenants could only wish for. Your friends may tease you about how far from the city you are. But after a fifteen-minute ride to your new home, they would probably change their minds!
Food and markets
If you are a gastronomy lover, Brooklyn will offer you countless places to try out great food. You can look for bistros, coffee shops, restaurants and many other places to discover. When moving to Brooklyn, you can find any food your heart desires. If you are a foody, brunch on weekends can feel like a holiday.
Finding fresh grown foods and vegetables in markets is available on every corner. Organic grocery stores, farmer’s markets, and other small family owned stores are there to offer all sorts of local goodies that you might desire. One of the bigger markets – Grand Army Plaza Greenmarket offers fresh produce and also many other activities regarding healthy eating, food preparation etc.
When planning your move to Brooklyn by yourself or with your family, you should know that Brooklyn offers excellent possibilities in the education field. If you are a parent, you can find schools in Brooklyn in any area you choose to live in. Whether your child is a preschooler, a teenager or a student, education programs in Brooklyn are very valued. Public, private schools and charter schools are at your disposal. Consider enrolling your child in the school program before the school year starts. Plan it ahead before beginning the process of moving and finding the suitable apartment.
Great traffic connection to the city
Brooklyn is a part of Long Island and is separated from Manhattan by East River. There are few ways of getting from Brooklyn to Manhattan. If you consider driving a car you will need to cross one of the bridges to get to Manhattan.
If you don’t have a car, expect to use the subway daily. The subway connection to the Atlantic Pacific station (Grand Central Station of Brooklyn) is great and has access to most subway lines to the city.
There are other ways to get around in Brooklyn. Many locals recommend a Zip Car for getting to the locations that are not easily accessible by train or a subway. It is a cost-effective option for your weekly or monthly shopping spree for groceries.
You will never be bored
If you plan to make Brooklyn your home, you should know that you will never be bored. There is always something to do. You don’t have to cross the bridge to look for fun – it is already happening in your neighborhood. Enjoy yourself indoors on a rainy day, or go outside with your whole family. These are some of the most interesting attractions Brooklyn offers:
- Go to Coney Island. Coney Island Luna Park offers a full day of fun for everyone, no matter how old they are.
- Enjoy yourself at many Brooklyn jazz clubs or Brooklyn’s dance.
- Relax at your visit to Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- Get away from the noise to the Prospect Park (“Brooklyn’s Central Park”)
- Brooklyn Museum offers inspiring art collections
- Locals suggest watching the sunset from the highest point in Sunset Park with a view of Statue of Liberty
- Check out Union Hall for a drink and socializing
- If you are an artist you should go to Dumbo district. There you will find art district and galleries and many interesting people