When moving house to New York, homeowners frequently discover that they own a bit of extra furniture. What should you do with these additional items? Most of the time the pieces are too sentimental to get rid of. So, you will want to keep them somewhere safe just until you make room for them. This is where Brooklyn movers and storage comes into play. Brooklyn’s monthly furniture storage costs aren’t as high as you’d think. So, a rented unit is usually the best way to keep your belongings safe. So, here is a little guide for Brooklyn’s monthly storage costs for your furniture.
Why should you use furniture storage?
I don’t really need a storage unit, a homeowner will convince himself. Or, it’s just an extra cost to my already tight budget, they will say. And, we understand both. But, Brooklyn’s monthly furniture storage prices aren’t as high as you’d think they are. And, this kind of rented-out unit isn’t as uncommon as you may think. So, here’s who rents storage for furniture in Brooklyn, from our experience:
- People who have recently moved house to New York. NYC has small apartments which often surprise renters and buyers alike. So, if you’ve got an extra table that you can’t let go of, you place it into storage. There are plenty of reliable depository facilities in Brooklyn which offer affordable furniture storage costs per month.
- People who are moving from Brooklyn. Contrary to the popular belief, the population of New York is constantly in flux. So, if you’re leaving NYC you’re not alone. Most people seek the calm and peace of the suburbs after finishing college. With their partners, they look to start families. This is when they usually purchase the property. So, when they’re organizing it and decorating it, they look up Brooklyn’s monthly furniture storage prices. And, they usually end up leaving their bulky items in a depository unit.
- People who are redecorating their homes use monthly furniture storage in Brooklyn, too. As we’re said, a large home in New York is rare. If you’re planning on painting the walls or redecorating you will want to keep your furniture from being damaged. So, look up Brooklyn storage costs per month and you will be surprised. The prices aren’t as high as you would think. And, there are plenty of choices regarding units available.
How to find affordable and reliable furniture storage
You’ve found yourself in one of the categories above? Good! It’s always easier to rent a storage unit for an affordable price than to repair a piece. So, we wanted to give you some tips on how to find a reliable storage facility to rent from. Here, we advise that you don’t focus so much on furniture storage costs per month. Instead, look for more important things and good prices will follow.
If you’re moving house to Brooklyn, you won’t have any trouble finding an affordable depository, too. For example, ask cheap movers NYC if they offer it. Most of the time, a reliable moving company will have both of these services available. And, for their clients, they will offer a good quote on the total of the relocation and storage. However, Brooklyn’s monthly furniture storage cost gets tricky if you haven’t just moved.
Another useful tip is to ask for recommendations. Ask your friends, family, colleagues, and neighbors for recommendations on warehousing facilities. More than often, they will be able to offer you the best advice. Then, when you have a few in mind, three or five, it’s time to be a detective. Look storage facilities NYC up and check their working hours. Be careful about the difference between office hours and access hours. You will need to contact the office in case there is a problem. Also, make sure to pay them a visit in person and compare the website images to real life. Every warehousing facility should be secure and have someone on the grounds patrolling. So, check if there’s a fence around the property. Be thorough and patient.
Long-term furniture storage costs
Long-term furniture storage costs can be similar to short-term costs. However, the main difference is that you’re storing your furniture for longer. Because of that, there are some additional expenses to consider when figuring out how much it will cost you to store your stuff for a year or more.
The biggest difference is that you’ll be paying for insurance against damage or loss during the time you’re storing your furniture. Short-term storage doesn’t usually require this, since it’s usually only a few months at most.
You’ll also want to cover the cost of moving your items into the storage unit and taking them back out again when they’re ready to use again. This can get pricey if you have a lot of furniture items, so be sure to factor this into your budget! For any concerns regarding long-term storage units, you can contact long-distance moving companies New York-based. They are very experienced and able to help you with anything.
Portable storage for your furniture
We all have that one thing. It’s the one piece of furniture that you just can’t part with, but it’s so big and bulky that it takes up too much space in your home. Or maybe you have a room full of stuff—but no place to put it! You need storage space, but you can’t afford an extra storage unit. What do you do? Portable storage for your furniture is here to solve all of your problems!
Just think about how freeing it would be if you could move around your furniture at will, without having to worry about moving it back into its original location when you’re done. What if instead of paying for a whole new room that only holds your dresser and bed, you could just pay for the time it takes to move them from one room to another? That’s what portable storage is all about! There are many ways to find cheap storage Brooklyn. And maybe this one is perfect for you. Do your research and see if it matches your requirements!
Using self-storage and the cost of it
Self-storage can be a helpful way to keep your furniture safe and out of the way while you’re moving. You might be wondering: How much does self-storage cost? The answer is, it depends on where you’re storing your furniture. Are you looking for a place that’s within driving distance of your home? Then you’ll probably pay about $50 per month for a 10×10 foot unit. That’s not including any fees or taxes, which can add up quickly if you don’t know what to expect from them.
If you want to store your furniture in a facility farther away from home when you are leaving New York then expect to pay more than double that amount. Around $200-$300 per month for a 10×10 foot unit. You’ll also have to pay for delivery and pick-up if there is no local facility available where you are now living.
Self-storage is cheaper than renting a home or apartment, but it does come with some tradeoffs. Your stuff will be packed away from view, so if you have really nice furniture or other valuables, it may not be as satisfying as putting them in plain sight. This way they can be appreciated by all who enter your home every day.
Extra tips on how to keep your furniture safe
Mold, mildew, elements, time, etc. All of this impacts furniture. If you’ve got a wooden antique table you want to keep safe from redecorating, you will want to put it into Brooklyn storage. So, the whole point is to keep it safe. There’s no use if it’s damaged. Hence, we have a couple of easy tips for you in order to keep your belongings safe. Here’s what to do:
- Think about a climate-controlled unit if your items are both valuable and fragile. A unit like this will raise your storage costs per month. However, it will also provide additional safety for delicate items. When looking at different warehousing facilities in Brooklyn, ask about the prices of their climate-controlled units. They may be more expensive, but sometimes they’re worth it.
- If you are planning on storing wooden items there are a few things to keep in mind. Wood is very susceptible to mold and mildew damage. And, you can’t really go to the depository unit every two days. So, here’s our experience with keeping it safe from damage. First, you should clean your wooden furniture. Then, take them apart if possible. Finally, wrap each part before placing it into the unit. Remember to use cloth and not plastic.
- In case you’re storing furniture and miscellaneous items which are cloth-based, there are a few more tips. Numerous homeowners had their pillows damaged by mold in storage. To prevent this, remember to clean and wrap them carefully. Also, it’s always a good idea to keep your stored furniture off the floor of your storage unit.
We hope you liked our article and that you will now be more familiar with furniture storage costs. Happy moving!