Moving is always hard, but moving in the holiday season may prove to be even harder and more stressful for families and individuals looking to spend time with their loved ones. These tips may help you make plans for a special holiday, even if you find yourself far from home:
1. Start preparing ahead of time – Start a “Moving folder” and file all your moving related paperwork in one location. Make multiple photocopies oft this folder. The folder should have all the paperwork relating to the move. Movers estimates, to do lists, lists of items you need to buy before the move. Children immunization certificates etc. New school phone and fax numbers, New doctor telephone number, addresses of post office and bank etc.
2. Make arrangements early on – A lot of people tend to move during the holiday season for various reasons. Some prefer not to lose days of work, and other transition to new opportunities in the new year. Holiday season is usually packed for movers. The earlier you can arrange for moving dates and lodging, the more likely you are to get what you want.
3. Plan ahead with some sort of celebration in mind -If you’ll be in a hotel over the holidays, look for a place that is planning a holiday celebration. If you know that you will be on the road during the holiday, than try to find an opportunity to stop in a rest area and spend some quality time with your family.
4. Keep you kids connected to their old friends during the holiday season – The kids are going to be new kids on the street, the new kids in school. The internet has given all of us some great tools to keep in touch with people who are geographically far away from us. Make sure your kids have their friends Skype IDs and let them Skype to wish their old friends “Happy Holidays” and play online video games with their olde friends. Encourage your children to stay in touch with old friends and their favorite teachers at school. teachers can offer words of encouragement and help cheer up your kids. Keep in touch via email and Facebook.
5. Opening moving boxes on Christmas day does not count as a present – You’ll need to do a bit of preparation in advance. Pack a separate trunk with small gifts that are already wrapped and a small artificial Christmas tree. When you get to where you will be spending the night, whip up an “impromptu” holiday with a tree, presents and some favorite snacks that you purchased in advance. Wrap all the presents to give the kids something to do and help them feel festive. If you don’t have time to do all of that yourself, you can shop online and get everything gift wrapped and shipped to your new destination. The holiday items will be waiting for you and your family. You just need to set everything up.
Happy moving on the holidays
U.Santini Moving and storage is a trusted moving and storage company that has been moving New Yorkers for more than eighty years. If you are looking for a Brooklyn Mover than look no further.
U.Santini moving and Storage is one of the premier movers in Brooklyn. When you are choosing a mover, or choosing a moving company, a Brooklyn moving company, don’t hesitate to call us at 718-768-6778 and ask for a free estimate for your move.
U.Santini moving and Storage has an A+ BBB rating. The highest among Brooklyn Movers. We are moving and storage Brooklyn! Need a moving company Brooklyn? We are here to serve you.