Organizing a move will cost you a lot of time, money and nerves. You need to make numerous decisions concerning every aspect of this challenge. Hopefully, your moving budget will be big enough to make hiring professional help possible. This is especially important in the case of shipping furniture cross-country. What are the things you need to pay attention to? What if hiring furniture movers Brooklyn is a luxury you can’t afford? Read on and find out.
Necessary preparations for shipping furniture cross-country
When shipping furniture cross-country, preparations are necessary on various levels. Firstly, you need to deal with some measuring of your furniture items. Write down the information on the size and weight of your furniture items because these are the key factors your moving costs will depend on. Secondly, it is essential to try your best and find experienced and reputable movers you can trust. Although it doesn’t sound difficult, finding an appropriate moving company is a demanding process if you want to avoid making a mistake. Experts in the field know how to deal with the shipping smoothly and yet protect your furniture, your current and the new living space from any damages. Since there are numerous reasons to hire professional help when moving next door, the list is considerably longer when shipping furniture cross-country is in question.
Finding reliable movers for shipping furniture cross-country
There is a tried and trusted method of finding reliable movers for any relocation. If you are concentrated, careful and thorough enough, you will complete this task both easily and successfully. Here are the steps to follow:
- Search for potential movers online or ask close people in your surrounding for recommendations. Luckily, you will find some reputable movers and packers Brooklyn to choose from.
- Request free moving quotes from these companies. The prices of their services will be the next criterion in the process of making the final choice.
- Organize in-house estimates. When a company’s representative comes to your home, ask all you want to know concerning shipping furniture cross-country. Remember that it isn’t a waste of time to organize several in-house estimates. Conversely, they will prevent you from making a mistake and also help you to make the right choice. Finally, you should ask for all the details concerning shipping furniture cross-country in writing.
- Make the final decision and relax a bit. If you still want to be involved in the whole process, think about what you can do to help your movers. They will appreciate it.
Turn some of your furniture into money – it is possible indeed!
While preparing for the relocation, inspect your furniture thoroughly. You might realize that there are some items you don’t really want or need in your new home. Besides, it might also turn out that some of the furniture items won’t be able to fit your new living space. Use this opportunity to turn these furniture items into money. How? Very easily, indeed! Firstly, you can sell some of these on Craigslist. Furthermore, this decision will leave some more money in your wallet. Less furniture for shipping equals lower prices. This sounds great, doesn’t it?
Shipping furniture cross-country – a DIY project
If you believe hiring movers is unnecessary for you, you will have to deal with shipping furniture cross-country yourself. This adventure is overwhelming, but a good organization and preparation can meet its requirements. Also, we are here to help as always. Here are some useful tips and hints.
Useful packing tips and hints for shipping furniture cross-country
Every DIY project is significantly more stressful than when hiring professionals. Understandably, your own responsibility is rather high. Thus, stick to our tips and hints and there will be no reasons to worry. Here they are:
- Provide enough of packing supplies – You will need appropriate boxes, bubble wrap, towels, moving blankets, tapes, markers in different colors. Although this is one of the things people often forget when moving, labeling boxes is a must. Bear that in mind at all times.
- Start packing well in advance. Understandably, pack those furniture items you don’t use on a regular basis first.
- Disassemble furniture items before packing – Thus, the packing will be easier. Be careful not to lose any small parts. Also, taking some pictures of the items prior to disassembling might be sensible. You will avoid potential problems when the time comes for you to reassemble these items again.
- Protect each furniture item carefully – Pay special attention to corners. These can get easily damaged during the loading or unloading furniture from a moving vehicle.
- Fragile furniture items require exceptional care and protection – Wrap them tenderly and lay into boxes carefully. By all means, label the boxes clearly. Only this way can you avoid damaging or even destroying your fragile items.
- When packing, heavier items go first – Thus, lighter and more fragile items will be protected. Even though you pack everything properly, you might cause serious damage if you overload the moving boxes. Don’t forget to pay attention to this at all times.
Ask your family and friends for help when shipping furniture cross-country
You will need all the help you can get when shipping furniture cross-country. Since you have decided not to hire professionals, helping hands of your family and friends will do. They can help you save time when packing, load and unload your furniture items from the moving truck. Although they won’t charge their services, prepare some refreshments and a little food to show gratitude and appreciation. Thus, shipping your furniture cross-country might turn into an enjoyable experience.
Conclusion on shipping furniture cross-country
Shipping furniture cross-country is very demanding. Whether you hire professionals or opt for the DIY project, a careful organization is a must. When hiring professionals, book movers far in advance if you want to get high-quality service and avoid unpleasant surprises. A successful DIY project is possible to achieve but only with the help of your loyal, reliable and hard-working family and friends. Only then can you expect to bring shipping furniture cross-country to the end at ease.