Have you decided to change states and move from Brooklyn, NY to Elizabeth, NJ? Then you came to the right place! Moving can be stressful, and you should try to make it as easy as possible. The key is in good preparation and making all the right decisions. Whether you need residential or commercial movers NYC you should definitely consider hiring a moving company. They can help you with packing, unpacking, and make the whole process as stress-free as possible. Here is an ultimate guide for moving from Brooklyn to Elizabeth NJ.
Plan your move from Brooklyn to Elizabeth NJ
Planning is essential when it comes to moving. Many experts say that you should start planning 8 weeks in advance because that will provide you with enough time. You should plan your budget, so you know the amount of money you need to cover all the costs. Make sure to finish all the paperwork on time– cancel the utility bills, notify your landlord (if you have one), update your contact information, and similar. Plan a storage space for all the things that are bulky or need special care, such as temperature control. Whether you are going to need it short-term or long-term, a warehouse can be extremely useful when you are moving from Brooklyn to Elizabeth NJ.
Make sure to organize packing when you are moving from Brooklyn to Elizabeth NJ
Packing is stressful for everyone and even though you are not going too far, you still need to pack and carry everything from Brooklyn to Elizabeth NJ. Many people believe it is easy to pack when you are going short-distance, but the thing is — the amount of work is the same. Make sure to cover all the steps when it comes to packing:
- Declutter- get rid of all the things that you don’t need. You should consider making a yard sale or selling things online. You can donate some clothes and books to charity. And last, but not least, your friends or family would surely like to have some of your stuff.
- Use the right boxes– the boxes and materials that you use should be durable and reinforced to handle a heavy load. You can always ask for help from U.Santini Moving and Storage Brooklyn as we can provide all the necessities needed to make your packing process goes smoother.
- Make a supply basket– it is so easy to lose scissors when you need them the most. Put all the markers, labels, scissors, and tape in one box that you can easily carry. You can make a few if there are more people packing in various rooms.
- Choose a place for packed goods– choose one room where you can put all the packed and labeled boxes. This will avoid clutter all-around your home.
- Use all the space that you can– that means using your suitcases and wardrobe to pack clothes. Don’t leave any empty drawers and fill them up with books and other unbreakable items.
Hire reliable movers for your move from Brooklyn to Elizabeth NJ
Moving can be so complicated, no matter the distance. Of course, your friends and family can help you a lot, but make sure not to put too much pressure on them. By hiring professional movers, you can focus more on what is important — prepare yourself and your family for the move. Search for the best long-distance moving companies New York and choose the most suitable one for you. Be aware that there are many scammers on the market. Choose a company that has been operating for long as they are proven to be more reliable. Compare prices and services, since many movers can seem cheaper in the beginning, but have many hidden costs at the end. Check reviews to see the experience of other people. A good moving company should offer help with packing, unpacking, traveling, and just make everything a thousand times easier.
Research how it is to live in Elizabeth NJ
You should do some research about the lifestyle in Elizabeth NJ in order to be fully prepared. The city is New Jersey’s fourth most populous city. The cost of living is 3% lower than the rest of New Jersey and while living expenses vary between households, you can probably save more money than what you could in Brooklyn.
Elizabeth NJ is known for its great public transportation system. It has two train stations and several bus routes, so commuting shouldn’t be a problem. In fact, many people that work in Brooklyn or New York City, use public transportation every day.
Things to do in Elizabeth NJ
There are many things that you can do once you move from Brooklyn to Elizabeth NJ. You can enjoy many outdoor activities, such as many parks, golf courses, and hiking trails. Elizabeth NJ offers a bit of a traditional Victorian style which you can notice while walking around and looking at many historical buildings.
This city has great nightlife. There are many restaurants that offer live music which you can enjoy while having some delicious food. There are also many bars and nightclubs where you can dance all night long.
Enjoy the culture and diversity of Elizabeth NJ. Thanks to the proximity to New York City, Elizabeth is famous for its ethnic diversity and hospitality of people. Also, you can always find something entertaining to do on the streets such as a local festival, volunteering activity, or people playing a variety of sports. If you prefer to take a round trip you can always visit the famous Jersey Shore and enjoy the beach and sand. If you are up for a weekend trip, you can go to Philadelphia and Boston, which are just a few hours away. As you can see there are many things to do over there, and you can always visit the official city website to find out more about all the things it has to offer.