How to hire a reliable mover Brooklyn
Congratulations on your move! We know that moving from a place like New York can be a tough decision to make. You will probably ask yourself many questions and do a lot of research so you can prepare. You will have to swim in a sea of internet searches, reviews, and information. By now you probably know that choosing the right mover can make or break your move, so choose wisely. However, don’t worry- that’s why we’re here! We want to help you learn how to hire a reliable mover in Brooklyn. Our U.Santini Moving & Storage offers quality services for moving, storage, and even packing! We prepared a list of tips and useful information so we can help you every step of the way. Relocating from Brooklyn can either be horrifying or the best thing ever. But one thing is sure- you should hire a reliable mover, so here’s how!
It is quite a big decision to move from a city like New York, and leave beautiful Brooklyn behind. Whether you are moving alone, or with family, for business or for pleasure- it’s an exciting but stressful time. Know that you will ask yourself many questions and do a lot of research, for sure. You should be strong and smart, so you can decide on your move and plan it right to avoid the problems. Moving is, after all, a start of a new chapter in your life, so why make it hard right from the start?! Therefore, residential movers Brooklyn is there and supporting you in the process of moving from Brooklyn! We are here to offer you some tips on finding and hiring the right moving company for you.
Do your homework and find a reliable mover on time
When it comes to moving, it’s so much more than just packing boxes and loading them into a truck. Before relocating you should be aware of some facts. Although moving is an exciting adventure, it is also one stressful process. People associate moving with anxiety, stress, and feelings of sadness. However, it doesn’t have to be like that! Therefore, you will need to make some serious preparations. You should invest both time and energy in learning everything about the move, but before the move. It doesn’t matter if you are moving to another neighborhood, country, or out of state. Be prepared to do careful exploring and get quotes from a few moving companies before you choose one to hire. Start on time so you won’t have to rush: ask for recommendations from your friends, browse the web, call the companies. This way you will find reliable movers, on time!
What to look for when searching for a reliable mover?
When it comes to choosing the right moving company from New York for your local or interstate move, you have way many options. You will easily lose yourself (and your mind!) if you start the process without knowing exactly what you want. Take your time to think about the company you’d like to handle your move. Are they fast? Are they close to your home? Or are they cheap? Those are all very important things to know before hiring anyone, so you will avoid disappointment and frustration. Hiring a professional moving company with a reputation is a smart choice. But, you don’t forget to consider the price of the moving services. Moving is expensive, and we believe your budget isn’t endless, so keep that in mind as well. Needless to say, your personal items shouldn’t be damaged. You need them professionally delivered to your new home, or insured if damaged.
Make an effort to downsize before you move
Try to make your moving experience less stressful and less expensive. Hiring a reliable mover is very important, but this one is up to you! Make a moving budget checklist, take an inventory of all your things and consider donating some of them to a charitable organization. We know that it’s never easy to say goodbye to those old clothes, or dishes- but you should open the door for the new things! If you don’t want to throw away some stuff, whether for sentimental or practical reasons, consider storage Brooklyn. Moving companies charge a rate based on what they will be moving (or packing). Obviously, if you have a shorter list it will cost you less at the end of the day. A reliable mover will give you a quote based on the number of things you have, so start from that and try to downsize for smaller costs.
Moving is more than just moving your furniture and clothes!
If you are moving large or breakable items, make sure that the mover specializes in transporting them. We are talking about stuff like boats, motorcycles, or antique wardrobes and paintings. Before picking a moving company you should ask them how would they handle the move of those things, so this is also a good criteria in finding a reliable mover. Also, if you are moving your business you should know that it’s somewhat different. Check out Brooklyn commercial movers to learn everything about a business relocation.
Things you have to check when picking a reliable mover in Brooklyn:
- Check if the mover provides insurance coverage – You should make sure that you are insured during the transportation. Discuss the insurance options every company offers so you will avoid getting scammed. Always pick a moving company that offers insurance coverage. Needless to say- carefully read the insurance policy you are getting.
- Licensed service – You can and should check if the moving company has a license for the move. If they have the U.S. Dot number, verify that information through the U.S. Department of Transportation. Verifying the legitimacy of the moving company can ensure that your belongings are being transported legally and safely.
- Reputation – Experience and testimonials of the previous clients that moved with the same company are important information. Ask around, and check your friends/coworkers/family experiences. Learn from other people’s mistakes and make sure that you hired a reliable and reputable company.
- Browse the web and local newspapers – Don’t be lazy, because this is an important step in hiring a reliable mover. In today’s time, you will have plenty of options, and sources to check out. Take advantage of this! You should explore all the information you can find about the moving company you are about to hire.
Quality of service
- Productivity – Ask the companies for the estimate of their speed, not only the price. This says a lot about their experience (and how reliable they are)! Know the average speed and start from there. If they are too slow- pass. If they are too fast- take this with reservation. The speed of the movers’ relocation speaks a lot about how fast you will move, but also about the quality of the service.
- Cost-effectiveness – We know that moving is expensive! Everybody tries to save a few bucks when moving, but don’t create problems for yourself in the long run. We understand that you don’t want to spend a fortune, but there is probably a reason for the company being THAT cheap.
- Extra services – Everybody loves a good offer, so don’t be shy to ask about it. It is a good thing if the moving company you are taking into consideration has some extra services to offer for the same price. This may be a factor that helps you to make up your mind.
Common mistakes you should try to avoid when moving from Brooklyn
As we said already, moving is a stressful and anxiety-inducing process. Fortunately, all that stress and frustration, or even potential scams, can be avoided. All it takes is some quality preparations, sharp thinking, and asking the right questions. It is normal that when you are stuck with the different projects about moving, some important tasks may escape you. You may forget to take some significant measures that are crucial for your easy and carefree relocation. However, you should try and avoid that so there aren’t any unplanned issues and no time to fix them. Here are some tips on preventing the most common mistakes when moving:
- You didn’t find movers in advance, so all the movers are booked up – It is very important that you don’t waste time and delay your tasks. You should look for, and find a reliable mover at least two months before your move. This way you’ll avoid the possibility of all the companies being booked. If all good movers are booked you will have to settle for a more expensive or potentially scamming one, so keep this in mind!
- Not getting an estimate- Moving companies will offer you two types of estimates: binding and non-binding. A binding estimate is a legal document and cannot be changed. A non-binding estimate offers you an idea of the cost of your move. Decide which one is better for your move and say that clearly to the movers. Don’t hesitate to ask the mover about extra charges to avoid any uncomfortable surprises!
- Not obtaining additional insurance- You need to purchase moving insurance, so communicate this clearly to your movers.
Frequently Asked Questions
U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn has built its reputation on honesty and transparency. We are here to answer all your questions and put your mind at ease when choosing our Brooklyn movers:
What are your working hours?
We are open from Monday to Friday 7:30 AM–5 PM but feel free to contact us through our contact form anytime. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Does U.Santini offer insurance?
Yes. Our company offers several different types of insurance protection, including a full replacement for your belongings. The cost of the coverage will depend on the value you declare for your goods and the level of deduction you select.
How soon should I schedule my move?
It is recommended to arrange for the services of a moving company at least 8 weeks ahead of your planned move. If you plan to move during the holiday season or in the summer, it is advisable to schedule the move 12 weeks in advance. However, for moves that occur between September and May, you may be able to book movers with just 2 weeks' notice. Ideally, you should secure your moving crew as soon as you have all the necessary information about your relocation.
Does your company offer packing supplies?
We do. In addition to providing you with the essential boxes and packing supplies required for your relocation, we offer several "Saver" packages tailored to the size of your home. If you do not use all the boxes you have bought, you can return them to the moving team at the end of your move, and we will reimburse the remaining amount.
What type of storage does your company offer?
U. Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn provides comprehensive storage solutions in climate-controlled units. Our units are supervised round-the-clock, ensuring the safety of your belongings, whether you store them for a short or long duration. Additionally, we offer storage services for very brief periods, including as little as 24 hours.