We are all working-class people just trying to get by and have a good life. When you look back on the services or help you provided someone, try to think back on how they treated you. Consider if there was anything they did wrong by you that made you feel unappreciated and frustrated? Now, imagine turning the tables – you are the one that receives services… professional Brooklyn moving services. And you are the one that can avoid such situations by knowing how you should treat your movers. In case you don’t, here are some simple guidelines.
Treat your movers as you would like to be treated
Always be punctual and time-sensitive
Just as your time is valuable, so is the schedule of your residential or commercial Brooklyn movers. So you should always aim to meet and follow the agreed-upon moving schedule. Especially since any professional moving crew will have more relocation projects planned out. And this will also ensure that your moving experience is efficient and quick.
If you are going to be late for some unplanned or unexpected reason, make sure that your movers are aware. Contact them, explain the situation and try to communicate a mutual solution. Otherwise, you risk losing your appointment and re-scheduling your relocation, which in turn causes additional complications and expenses that you should look to avoid.
Treat your movers like a proper host when they come to your home
When your professional Brooklyn moving team arrives, greet them and introduce them with your family. Take 15 minutes to show them the household and give them a general idea of what they will be moving. No matter how early or late they arrive, offer your movers a cup of coffee or some other form of refreshments before they start. It costs you little but it will mean a lot to them as a goodwill gesture.
Provide your movers with a detailed relocation plan
Preparation and proper planning is always advisable. Your moving experts might not always agree – but it is definitely helpful and offers a better chance to find the ideal moving solution. As a result, you can save time and effort, and still end up with an efficient relocation.
Your information will vary depending on the specific job your movers have been hired to do:
- Packing services. Decide on whether you are expecting full-service packing or if there are things that you would prefer to personally pack. If so, make sure that the movers are informed and have those specific items separated from the rest.
- Loading services. Once everything has been packed, consider if there are extra sensitive and valuable possessions that you would prefer to keep with you. If you plan on personally relocating those belongings, mark them as “DO NOT LOAD ON TRUCK”. And of course, any advice and insight you have to optimize the loading process, feel free to share and talk over with the movers.
- Unloading and unpacking. This is where you are expected to provide instructions. Plan out the placement of your belongings in your new home. That way, even if you are not there during the unloading process, the movers will have an idea of what goes where. In short, do your homework right before the actual move and you will ensure a top-grade relocation.
Treat your movers right by being considerate of their needs
No matter how much you pay your relocation company, they are still people with needs. You can’t treat them like robots. Provide them with easy access to drinking water or other refreshments. Designate a smoking and break area for them. And provide suitable air conditioning or heating, depending on the current temperature.
It would also be a good idea to treat your movers with lunch. This will ensure that the overall working energy remains on a high note, and will be greatly appreciated. The easiest things would be to order pizzas for the moving crew, but consider if there might be something else they would rather eat.
Keep an open communication with your movers
No matter how perfect the plan and organization, mistakes and misunderstanding can always happen. Sometimes it just comes down to bad luck or unavoidable accidents. So even though you might not be able to prevent such situations, what you can do is prevent them from happening again.
The best way to do this is through simple open communication with your team of professional movers. Again, we invite you to offer suggestions or feedback, as it might prove quite useful. And encourage your movers to do the same. After all, they do this for a living, so they are more than qualified to offer professional advice on how to avoid common moving mistakes.
Always treat your movers with a polite and well-mannered attitude
Raising your voice and getting angry only makes things worse. As long as you show respect towards your moving crew, they will return the treatment.
Moving is a complex process and as such, you should expect stress. There is a large amount of work and a limited time-frame to complete it. This is when mistakes most commonly happen – when you rush to the finish. So it comes to you to handle the situation with a calm and relaxed tone. Try to handle each situation with the proper attitude and remember that in case of any damage, you’re insured.
And in case you realize that the movers are careless with your belongings, simply reach out directly to the moving company HQ. Although such situations are rare with professional and well-known movers, you should be prepared for any situation.
Show your gratitude
Do you think your moving personnel have done a great job with your relocation? Well, there are a few things you can and should do to show your gratitude:
- Treat your movers with a proper tip: This is something movers don’t usually expect you to do, but greatly appreciate it when it happens. After all, you give a tip for a job well done. And if the moving crew has demonstrated utmost efficiency and professionalism from beginning to end, why not reward them. It’s important for them that you recognize their efforts by offering them a proper tip.
- Provide valuable feedback. Companies grow based on the feedback you as a customer provide them. So if you received excellent moving services reach out to the company via phone or email and leave a feedback for them. If there was something wrong, note it as a potential improvement for future customers. No matter how good or bad, any feedback is considered a valuable insight into the quality of the service that the company provides.
- Writing a moving review. Once everything is complete, share your moving experience with others. Providing people that plan to move with a moving review of the company you used can be of great help. In addition to that, there are moving companies that are willing to reward you for referrals.
Word to the wise
Always remember that no matter the amount of money you spent on moving services, you are still employing human being rather than robots. And as long as you treat your movers with the proper care and respect, they will make it their priority to return the favor three-fold. And before you know it, your Brooklyn relocation is complete in no time and with minimal effort and stress.