How should you treat your movers?
We are all working-class people just trying to get by and have a good life. When you look back on the services or help you provided someone, try to think back on how they treated you. Consider if there was anything they did wrong by you that made you feel unappreciated and frustrated? Now, imagine turning the tables – you are the one that receives services – professional Brooklyn moving services. Moving is stressful and difficult. These people will do everything in their power to make your relocation a breeze. All that they probably expect from you is to treat them right. So if you have booked a moving company for your upcoming relocation, you should know the right way to treat your movers. In case you don’t, here are some simple guidelines on doing it right.
Treat your movers as you would like to be treated
This is a saying that is very true. Would you like someone to be rude to you while you are trying to help them during an important life event of theirs? If anything, you should treat movers like gold, because that is what they are to you in time of need. Once you see how much work they do for what little time, you will see why you should treat your movers like professionals because that’s what they are.
Always be punctual and time-sensitive
Just as your time is valuable, so is the schedule of your residential or commercial Brooklyn movers. So you should always aim to meet and follow the agreed-upon moving schedule. Especially since any professional moving crew will have more relocation projects planned out. And this will also ensure that your moving experience is efficient and quick. Not valuing someone’s time is not just rude, but it is also unprofessional from your side.
If you are going to be late for some unplanned or unexpected reason, make sure that your movers are aware. Contact them, explain the situation and try to communicate a mutual solution. Otherwise, you risk losing your appointment with some long distance movers New York and might need to re-schedule, which in turn causes additional complications and expenses that you should look to avoid.
Treat your movers like a proper host when they come to your home
When your professional Brooklyn moving team arrives, greet them and introduce them to your family. Take 15 minutes to show them the household and give them a general idea of what they will move to. No matter how early or late they arrive, offer your movers a cup of coffee or some other form of refreshments before they start. Once they start working, ask them if they need anything from time to time. Food and refreshments should be available to them all the time, especially if the weather is really hot or extremely cold. It costs you nothing but it will mean a lot to them as a goodwill gesture.
Provide your movers with a detailed relocation plan
Preparation and proper planning are always advisable. Your moving experts might not request this – but it is helpful and offers a better chance to find the ideal moving solution. As a result, you can save time and save money by doing something yourself.
Your information will vary depending on the specific job your movers have been hired to do:
- Packing services. Decide on whether you are expecting full-service packing or if there are things that you would prefer to personally pack. If you are short on time, just know that packing takes much more time than you think. The optimal time to start packing is at least one month before the moving date. If you have a rushed move on your hands, it is almost always wise to hire packing services for help. If so, make sure that the movers are informed and have those specific items separated from the rest.
- Loading services. Once everything has been packed, consider if there are extra sensitive and valuable possessions that you would prefer to keep with you. If you plan on personally relocating those belongings, mark them as “DO NOT LOAD ON TRUCK” or put them aside to avoid confusion. And of course, any advice and insight you have to optimize the loading process, feel free to share and talk over with the movers. But don’t overdo this, your movers are professionals, after all, they know what they are doing.
- Unloading and unpacking. This is where you are expected to provide instructions. Plan out the placement of your belongings in your new home. That way, even if you are not there during the unloading process, the movers will have an idea of what goes where. This is where you can implement the color code method. You will be using one color for a specific room. All the boxes that go into the bathroom, for example, will have a blue label. If you use this method, make sure that your movers know about this. In short, do your planning right before the actual move and you will ensure a top-grade relocation.
Treat your movers right by being considerate of their needs
No matter how much you pay your relocation company, they are still people with needs. You can’t treat them like robots. Provide them with easy access to drinking water or other refreshments. Designate smoking and break area for them. And provide suitable air conditioning or heating, depending on the current temperature.
It would also be a good idea to treat your movers with lunch. This will ensure that the overall working energy remains on a high note, and will be greatly appreciated. The easiest thing would be to order pizzas for the moving crew, but consider if there might be something else they would rather eat. The easiest way to do this is to simply ask them what they would like to eat. And bring something even if they say no. Many people decline but end up changing their minds once they see others eat or once they start feeling out of energy.
Keep open communication with your movers
No matter how perfect the plan and organization, mistakes and misunderstandings can always happen. Sometimes it just comes down to bad luck or unavoidable accidents. So even though you might not be able to prevent such situations, what you can do is try to solve something that has already happened.
The best way to do this is through simple open communication with your team of professional movers. Again, we invite you to offer suggestions or feedback, as it might prove quite useful. And encourage your movers to do the same. After all, they do this for a living, so they are more than qualified to offer professional advice on how to avoid common moving mistakes.
Always treat your movers with a polite and well-mannered attitude
Raising your voice and getting angry only makes things worse. Aggressivity and yelling have never helped anyone. As long as you show respect towards your moving crew, they will return the treatment.
Moving is a complex process and as such, you should expect stress. There is a large amount of work and a limited time frame to complete it. You can always try your skills and do it yourself, but we don’t recommend it. Moving is stressful even with movers by your side, imagine how it is if you intend to do it yourself. This is when mistakes most commonly happen – when you rush to get something done. It is up to you to handle the situation with a calm and relaxed tone and try to avoid stress as much as possible. Try to handle each situation with the proper attitude and remember that in case of any damage, you’re insured.
And in case you realize that the movers are careless with your belongings, simply reach out directly to the moving company HQ. Such situations won’t happen with professional and well-known movers, like some office movers in Brooklyn. They take utmost care of your belongings, from pickup to drop off.
Show your gratitude
Do you think that your moving personnel has done a great job with your relocation? Well, there are a few things you can and should do to show your gratitude:
- Treat your movers with a proper tip: This is something movers don’t usually expect you to do, but greatly appreciate it when it happens. Like with any service provider, they won’t say no to a tip. No one would. After all, you give a tip for a job well done. And if the moving crew has demonstrated utmost efficiency and professionalism from beginning to end, why not reward them? This will only encourage them to keep doing this in the future. It’s important for them that you recognize their efforts by offering them a proper tip. You can always give as much as you want, but an industry standard with movers is 15-20% of your total moving cost.
- Provide valuable feedback. Companies grow based on the feedback you as a customer provide them. So if you received excellent moving services reach out to the company via phone or email and leave feedback for them. If there was something wrong, note it as a potential improvement for future customers. No matter how good or bad, any feedback is considered a valuable insight into the quality of the service that the company provides.
- Writing a moving review. Once everything is complete, share your moving experience with others. Providing people that plan to move with a moving review of the company you used can be of great help. No matter your experience, good or bad, write an honest review about everything you liked or disliked. You were probably also reading reviews of others before you decided to hire movers to help you with moving to Brooklyn. In addition to that, there are moving companies that are willing to reward you for referrals.
Always remember that no matter the amount of money you spent on moving services, you are still employing human beings rather than robots. All will feel better if there is a calm, respectful atmosphere to work in. And as long as you treat your movers with the proper care and respect, they will make it their priority to return the favor three-fold. And before you know it, your Brooklyn relocation is complete in no time and with minimal effort and stress.
Frequently Asked Questions
U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn has built its reputation on honesty and transparency. We are here to answer all your questions and put your mind at ease when choosing our Brooklyn movers:
What are your working hours?
We are open from Monday to Friday 7:30 AM–5 PM but feel free to contact us through our contact form anytime. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Does U.Santini offer insurance?
Yes. Our company offers several different types of insurance protection, including a full replacement for your belongings. The cost of the coverage will depend on the value you declare for your goods and the level of deduction you select.
How soon should I schedule my move?
It is recommended to arrange for the services of a moving company at least 8 weeks ahead of your planned move. If you plan to move during the holiday season or in the summer, it is advisable to schedule the move 12 weeks in advance. However, for moves that occur between September and May, you may be able to book movers with just 2 weeks' notice. Ideally, you should secure your moving crew as soon as you have all the necessary information about your relocation.
Does your company offer packing supplies?
We do. In addition to providing you with the essential boxes and packing supplies required for your relocation, we offer several "Saver" packages tailored to the size of your home. If you do not use all the boxes you have bought, you can return them to the moving team at the end of your move, and we will reimburse the remaining amount.
What type of storage does your company offer?
U. Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn provides comprehensive storage solutions in climate-controlled units. Our units are supervised round-the-clock, ensuring the safety of your belongings, whether you store them for a short or long duration. Additionally, we offer storage services for very brief periods, including as little as 24 hours.