Arcade machines are a source of great fun for both kids and adults. They are very valuable and they can be quite delicate to move and transport. If you want to preserve them and keep them safe from any damage you should hire professionals. The most reliable moving services Brooklyn has to offer will help you safely move arcade machines in a safe and professional manner. We will explain how to move arcade machines. Arcade machines can have delicate parts and mechanisms that could get permanently damaged or broken if you drop the machine. That is why you should handle them with care.
How to prepare to move arcade machines
If you have a game room with some arcade games in your basement you will be worried during the move. You might worry that your precious arcade machines could get damaged during the move. Your arcade machines might have to be taken apart, properly moved and transported and then put back together. You will need professional help. You should definitely find some experienced local movers Brooklyn has and make sure this is done properly. When your movers arrive they will need to disassemble the arcade machine. They need to do this before they can move the machine.
How to prepare an arcade machine for moving
- First of all, they need to remove all of the pieces that are loose, like pinballs for example
- They are then going to fold the back of the arcade machine on the playing field. They will secure everything. What they are going to use is plastic wrap. They will securely wrap everything.
- First, the movers need to remove the back legs. After that, they will put the machine on the ground and on its side. Only then can they remove the front legs of the machine
- In the end, you will only have to pack the cabinet. They will wrap it in blankets. This will prevent any damage during the move and transport. The dye can easily come off and these blankets are a salvation.
How to move a pinball machine
- Remove all of the pinballs. Store them in a safe place. Be sure to remember where they are. You don’t want that to slip your mind in the chaos of the move.
- Fold the head of the game on the playfield
- Wrap the playfield so that there is no bouncing around
- Take off the back legs and lay the pinball machine on the floor
- Lift it up. The coin door should face up and remove the front legs.
- Wrap the cabinet into blankets and load everything to the moving truck.
The correct way to move arcade machines
There are many different types of arcade games. From Mr.Pacman and video games to pinball games, they are all delicate and should be handled with care. If it is any comfort, they are more easily moved than pool tables. Before you start anything be sure to properly measure your arcade game. Only after you measure the game you will know if it can pass through your door. Most of the games should be able to fit through a standard size door. You might have to remove the door hinges. Moreover, you might have to remove the door jamb as well. On each side of the game ad the door, there should be a clearance of one inch.
You should unplug the machine
After you measure the machine and find a way to fit it through a door or window, you should unplug it. When you unplug the machine be careful with the cord. You should protect it with a cloth. Maybe you can put some tape over the cloth to keep the plug secured. In case you can also detach the plug from the machine itself, wrap it and keep it in a safe place. This is your precious machines life cord. You don’t want to lose it in the chaos of the move. Another thing you should do is dust your arcade machine. It is a good idea to clean and dust them before you move arcade machines. You will just save time after the move. When your pet comes to your new home it will be ready for installation and gaming. You will be saving a bunch of time.
Take the machine outside
It is not such a good idea to wrap your arcade machine in the room where it is currently located. You might have problems fitting it through the doors. The machine might get stuck because the wrapping material will add volume to it. A smart idea would be to get in outside in front of the house. Get it close to the loading truck first.
Time to wrap your machine
Now that the machine is close to the moving truck, you can begin the process of wrapping and securing it. Follow the rules of packing we provided here. Use some moving blankets. You should also use paper padding. Put everything over the machine and secure it safely. You will get the best effect if you wrap everything with tape. You should never put tape directly on the machine. This can seriously damage the delicate paint of your arcade machine. Always put the tape over the blankets.
Load the arcade machine into the truck
You should lower the truck ramp before you start loading the arcade machine. Your movers should use a utility dolly. Load the machine onto the dolly. There should be two men loading the machine. One of them should navigate the dolly and the other should hold the arcade machine, so it doesn’t flip over. After the game is in the truck you should keep it in an upright position. You should also secure the machine with straps do it doesn’t move inside of the truck.
You should follow these rules when you move arcade machines and everything should go smoothly.