Are you looking for ways to move heavy, bulky items from your home, but you’re not quite sure how to approach it? Don’t worry – U.Santini Moving & Storage will help you have the efficient relocation, and move your home bar, pool table or piano. Every relocation is unique and poses specific challenges, but the one that’s most likely to appear in every single one is moving heavy items. That’s why we’ve decided to prepare a short guide and help you move your home bar in no time!
Clean and disassemble the bar
Where to start when you want to move your home bar:
- Keep in mind that you might not have the place for your bar at the new home, and browse through the storage units Brooklyn to find the one that fits your needs.
- The first step to moving your home bar is to clean it. You don’t want to deal with dust that will go all around the place when you’re lifting heavy weights.
- Clean the bar and, if it’s possible, disassemble it. The protruding parts are usually the ones that can be easily disassembled, so focus on those first.
- Remove the shelves and all the smaller pieces such as drawers. This will make the central part of the bar lighter and easier to move.
- Pack all the disassembled parts in their moving boxes after you wrap them.
Measures to take before you move your home bar
To make sure that you can safely move your home bar, take the measures of the doorframe and staircases and the facility entrance. Don’t forget to measure the entrance to the yard too if there’s one. This will help you plan how to navigate the bar while it’s lifted, and avoid possible injuries. Measure all the doorframe and staircase widths and see if the bar can fit. Plan the places for the rest as well! If you need to move more than one bar, keep in mind that commercial movers Brooklyn Heights are always at your disposal.
Get help from friends and family
If you plan on moving your home bar by yourself, it’s definitely something you’ll need help with. Start by calling your friends and family to help you. Tell them what you’ve intended, and maybe they know someone who is professional and can help you have easier time! If not, keep in mind that you should be respectful of others’ time and invite them a couple of weeks in advance.
Turn to professionals to move your home bar
In the end, if the process seems to dangerous, it’s best to turn to professionals. When you try to move your home bar or pool table, it’s hard because you don’t have the equipment and training that the professional movers have had. Give us a call to have your home bar moved effortlessly and with no stress. Affordable movers Brooklyn will gladly help you with all the heavy lifting and truck loading!