How to pack your electronics for Moving – The U. Santini way
Your home electronic equipment is probably one of the higher value items that you own. Electronic equipment such as TV’s, Stereo systems, computers and printers need special attention when moved. U.Santini moving and storage is among New York city’s most trusted and experienced movers. We have been around for more than eighty years and moved tens of thousands of clients during that time. We pride ourselves on our A+ rating with the BBB. We provide packing services in New York city and the area around it. You can count on us to transport your electronics safely. If you intend to do some self packing, and pack your electronic equipment yourself than you should point out your electronic equipment to your U.Santini moving and storage relocation consultant, such as:
• personal computers and components
• TVs, DVRs, DVD and Blue-Ray players
• audio systems
Your U.Santini moving consultant will explain how each should type of item is to be prepared.
Packing electronic equipment should not be taken lightly. Because of the high value of these items, you should use professional packing materials If you decide to pack these items yourself.
• Bubble wrap and packing paper
• sturdy carton boxes
• packing tape
• Moving labels (Fragile, Living room, do not move etc.)
U.Santini Moving and storage relocation consultant can supply these professional packing materials at an affordable price.
U. Santini moving and storage offers a free boxes kit valued at $80 to clients who choose to move with us. Click on the “Get Free packing boxes” button at the top of the page if you are interested in this promotion.
Use the following guidelines when packing electronics for moving:
- If possible Follow manufacturers’ advice for packing and moving. They probably have a lot of experience shipping their products to retail outlets, shows etc. Consult the owner’s manual or manufacturer’s Web site for details.
- Reassembling is always a hassle. Try to avoid unnecessary work by labeling all of your components, parts, cables and other items when you disassemble your systems. USe color coded labels for these items and mark clearly how each cord or cable connects to its specific component. This will save you the hassle of trying to figure out what you re-assemble the systems in your new home.
- Avoid dust – Dust is electronics worst enemy. Avoid dust at all cost. Seal the boxes carefully with professional packing tape to avoid letting dust damage your electronic equipment.
- Use original boxes if available – If possible, use the original manufacturer’s boxes when packing your electronics. If you don’t have the original boxes, than use professional moving boxes. China boxes are sturdy and will protect your equipment well.
- Mark your boxes “Fragile”,but don’t write “Electronics” or “Stereo system” on them. You will be exposing yourself to potential thieves who might be looking to swipe a box or two from the truck when it is in transit to your new place.
- Crating – Very large electronics, such as large screen TVs might need special boxes or even specialty built crates in order to be moved safely. Consult with your mover on the best way to pack and move these type of items. It is probably better to let the moving company’s packers deal with these items.
Call U.Santini Moving and storage if you have any questions about packing, moving or storing your electronic equipment. As a veteran Brooklyn moving company we pride ourselves on our experience, commitment to our clients and the professional attitude. No moving or packing job is too big or too small. If you plan to move soon and need some FREE boxes, than click on the “Get Free moving boxes” and schedule a move with U.Santni moving and storage. We will give you $80 worth of FREE boxes if you move with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn has built its reputation on honesty and transparency. We are here to answer all your questions and put your mind at ease when choosing our Brooklyn movers:
What are your working hours?
We are open from Monday to Friday 7:30 AM–5 PM but feel free to contact us through our contact form anytime. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Does U.Santini offer insurance?
Yes. Our company offers several different types of insurance protection, including a full replacement for your belongings. The cost of the coverage will depend on the value you declare for your goods and the level of deduction you select.
How soon should I schedule my move?
It is recommended to arrange for the services of a moving company at least 8 weeks ahead of your planned move. If you plan to move during the holiday season or in the summer, it is advisable to schedule the move 12 weeks in advance. However, for moves that occur between September and May, you may be able to book movers with just 2 weeks' notice. Ideally, you should secure your moving crew as soon as you have all the necessary information about your relocation.
Does your company offer packing supplies?
We do. In addition to providing you with the essential boxes and packing supplies required for your relocation, we offer several "Saver" packages tailored to the size of your home. If you do not use all the boxes you have bought, you can return them to the moving team at the end of your move, and we will reimburse the remaining amount.
What type of storage does your company offer?
U. Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn provides comprehensive storage solutions in climate-controlled units. Our units are supervised round-the-clock, ensuring the safety of your belongings, whether you store them for a short or long duration. Additionally, we offer storage services for very brief periods, including as little as 24 hours.