Relocating to Brooklyn, NYC is a big step. The process of moving is often hard and complicated. It is for this reason that you need to know how to properly plan a move from Paris to Brooklyn. In this article, we are going to show you how to make your move from Paris to Brooklyn more organized, efficient, and of course, successful. From creating a moving plan and gathering supplies for the packing to hiring best commercial movers NYC, we are going to cover it all. To begin with, let’s take a look at what your plan for the move needs to contain for it to be successful.
Creating a plan for a move from Paris to Brooklyn
Every move should begin with a plan. It is something which you can use to keep track of all of the things you need to do before, during and after the relocation. By having a plan for the move you are making the entire process more organized and efficient. Every plan for the move needs to contain several important elements that should be addressed.
These essential elements are:
- The exact date of your move. A plan for the move needs to contain one date for the move. Once you decide that this date is final, stick to it and notify your movers on time.
- The costs of your move. Calculating the exact costs for your move is important. It gives you a good idea of how much money you need to put into your budget for the move which is our next essential element.
- The budget for the move. Your moving budget determines the ways in which you relocate. It needs to cover all of the costs of your move. Furthermore, when relocating internationally, it may not be a bad idea to set some extra money aside in case of an emergency.
- The size of your inventory. Determining the exact size of your inventory is extremely important when relocating across the seas. Brooklyn is a large area. You need to know exactly how much inventory you will be moving around it.
- The movers you will hire. Your moving plan needs to contain several options for the movers you plan on hiring. Of course, you will have to choose one moving company. When relocating from Paris to Brooklyn, we recommend getting reliable movers on your side who can offer a multitude of different moving services in Brooklyn.
Getting the packing in order
The process of packing is going to take the most of your time during the relocation. Having a messy packing process is the last thing you need during an already complicated move. There are a few things that you can do to have organized and efficient packing.
Declutter before you pack
One of the easiest ways of making your packing process more efficient is to declutter before you start packing. This means that you should go over your inventory and decide what you can throw away or sell. Decluttering is a great way of making more space for your new home or office as well as making the overall process of packing easier when the time comes. Furthermore, if you do not want to simply throw away the items that you no longer need, you can think about donating them. Contact your local charity organization when decluttering.
Gather the right packing supplies
Your items need to be properly protected during the move. In order to protect your items from any external damage, you need to acquire proper packing materials and tools. Not all of your items can simply be put into a cardboard box and shipped off. For extra protection, get bubble wrap, packing foam and tape. You can also secure several old newspapers between your items to provide some extra cushioning effect. The majority of these items are probably already available to you. If not, you can obtain them online or by contacting your professional movers that offer full-service packing.
Having an organized packing
You should never rush your packing. It will get you nowhere. Furthermore, to avoid complicated things, make sure you pack room by room for maximum efficiency. Take your time and properly go through all of your inventory. Create a checklist of the essential supplies that you need for the move. Some of the items that are rarely used can be packed earlier, a few weeks before your relocation date, but other essential items should be packed a few days before the move.
Renting a storage unit
In case you plan on relocating a large number of items, it is a good idea to think about renting a storage unit in Brooklyn. You can rent one for the long-term or simply temporarily until you clear up some extra space for all of your items. Either way, getting a storage unit is an excellent way of securing items that you cannot move or sell. Make sure that you find reliable moving companies that offer moving and storage NYC.
When you plan a move from Paris to Brooklyn, there are a number of things that you need to take into consideration. Always start with the moving plan which should contain all of the important elements listed above. Then you can move onto packing and potentially securing a storage unit for some of your inventory. Remember to do your research and hire reliable international moving companies NYC and you are in for a successful and stress-free relocation in no time!