Makings of a top New York mover
If you’re going to move to NYC, it’s only logical that you find one of the best movers for the job. The Big Apple is one of the most competitive markets for the moving industry. But, here’s where the big question comes. What are the makings of a top New York mover? We at U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn will try to explain that and how you should pick the best movers for the job. We all know that moving is stressful so try to make it easier on yourself by at least picking a professional moving company to help you with the process.
Before you start searching for the makings of a top New York mover think about your needs
Have you thought about what your criteria for a top New York mover are? Many homeowners start Googling before they figure out what they need. Often, this is the first mistake they make. So, we’d suggest beginning your relocation process with a quick analysis. Here are the questions you should answer before you open your search engine:
- What will my top New York mover actually be relocating? Is it your home or the office? If it’s business we advise you to look for local small office movers NYC since they have more experience in this area. In case you are moving your home, ask yourself do you have any unnecessary ‘stuff’ lying around your house? Are you planning on buying any new items? At this time, you ought to look at what to store and what to throw out. Downsizing your home before a relocation will help lower the costs of the move.
- Where will I be moving to? Are you looking for local movers in a specific area in NYC? Or, if you’re going out of state, will you be searching for some experienced long-distance movers in NYC?
- Do I need a good moving company that will do my packing, too? If this is the case, you will definitely need to ask for some references for the movers. They should be able to both provide quality moving boxes and be efficient and careful with their packing and unpacking work.
How to find a top New York mover online
Finding a top New York mover is essentially the same as finding a good restaurant. This is especially important if you are looking for movers for your business. Finding reliable corporate movers NYC is not an easy task. The first thing you want to do is ask your family and friends who’ve recently relocated, they may be a good source of information. If not, it’s time to hit Google. Remember to be on the lookout for any affordable movers in NYC that may be fraudulent. So, how does one find the best moving company in New York? The first stop will be their website. Professional moving companies have a user-friendly website that shows that they care about their customers. Try to find all the informations that you need on the website. You should be able to find details on the different services which the company provides. It’s a great idea to start compiling the list of possible top New York movers which you’re interested in now. We suggest having at least three potential companies here. If you’ve got the time, jot down five. And then, you can narrow down the choice.
When you have some names listed you need to see what former customers are saying
There are two ways you can go about this. And, in all honesty, we suggest doing both.
Find their page on Yelp and take a look at the reviews. If you see a recurring theme of negative comments, it’s time to strike them off your choices. However be careful about the positive comments – they can be misleading. Some companies actually hire people to leave reviews for them so some can be fake. You will be able to easily recognize a fake review by comparing it to the other ones. If there are many positive reviews that just state something like “great company, good service, pleasant time” and similar that’s not a good sign. Look for specifics in comments – something that only a customer would write. Note down if there’s something about a specific top New York mover that you like. It will help you pick the best one in the end.
After you’re done looking at the written reviews, give them a call. There are plenty of cheap movers in NYC that will give you an affordable estimate. But, are their customers happy, too? Any good moving company will be able to give you more than a couple of numbers as references. If you’re going to be using the packing services, be sure to ask about that as well.
What should you ask the moving company in order to find out if they are really one of the best movers in NYC
Naturally, you will have plenty of questions about the potential moving company. If their operator can’t answer your questions, they shouldn’t be on your list, either. The best way to find a top New York mover for your relocation is by scheduling an on-site estimate. At this time, the representative will answer any questions you may have. In turn, they should also be asking you about your move and belongings, as well. Here are some things to ask:
- How long has this NYC moving company been in business? This is important because you are looking for reliability, not someone who just opened a company and is looking for a fresh start
- Do they have a license for it? If they are professionals they have to have a license, there’s just no way around this
- Does this NYC moving company have insurance? This is especially important if you have a lot of pricy items – you don’t want your move to cost you a fortune by movers breaking your valuable things
- Have they won any awards for their service? If so, which? Awards show that the company has a great value
- What do the rates of this top New York mover actually include? Some companies have good offers but hidden expenses – be on the lookout for those and always double-check the rates
- If you’re moving out of state, learn whether they have special consolidation policies or delivery windows? Moving out of state is tricky so you need all the info that you can get
- Do they have experience with any specialized items which you’re moving? In other words, are you looking for a top New York mover who can also relocate a piano or a pool table?
- What are the quality packing supplies which they offer? In case you need packing service as well be sure to ask about the specifics because the rates can be really high and sometimes the service not really adequate to those high rates.
Getting ready for the moving day
Once you have picked the moving company for your relocation process it’s time to get ready for the moving day. If you have chosen your movers wisely based on the makings of a top New York mover that we have discussed, they will be able to handle most of the things for you. However, you can do some small things to ease your move for both, you and the movers. Be sure to pack everything and label it in the right way. Have some bottles of water ready if the day is sunny and hot. In case you have pets, inform the moving company about those as well. If you have little children, secure them in the right place so that they don’t disturb the movers. There are many things to consider, but importantly you need to consider your well-being as well – don’t overstress yourself, keep calm and your move will be easy and smooth.
Frequently Asked Questions
At U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn, we've earned our reputation through honesty and transparency. We're here to address all your questions and provide peace of mind as you choose our moving services in Brooklyn.
What are your working hours?
We are open from Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM–5 PM, but feel free to contact us through our contact form anytime. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Does U.Santini Moving & Storage offer insurance?
Absolutely! We offer various types of insurance to protect your belongings, including a full replacement option. The cost depends on how much your things are worth and the deductible you choose.
How soon should I schedule my move?
It's a good idea to book your moving company at least 8 weeks before your move. If you're moving during the holidays or in the summer, it's best to schedule it 12 weeks ahead. But if your move is between September and May, you can often book movers with just 2 weeks' notice. The key is to secure your moving crew as soon as you have all the details about your move.
Do you provide packing supplies?
Yes, we do. Along with the necessary boxes and packing materials for your move, we offer various 'Saver' packages tailored to the size of your home. If you don't use all the boxes you purchased, you can return them to our team after the move, and we'll refund the unused portion.
What type of storage do you offer?
At U. Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn, we offer complete storage solutions in climate-controlled units. Our units are monitored 24/7 to keep your belongings safe, whether you need short-term or long-term storage. We even provide storage options for very short durations, including as little as 24 hours.