If you are thinking about moving from Canada to Brooklyn, you should be well prepared. Although Canadians love their great outdoors and are proud of it, they still sometimes look across the fence. And they usually focus their attention on one of the most desired cities in the world. If you are bored with Canada’s slow-paced living, and you want to accelerate your life, New York City is the place to do it. Of course, such relocation is not going to be easy, at least not without one of the best moving companies Brooklyn has to offer. But besides the relocation logistics, getting a permanent visa is not an easy feat. And even if you meet all conditions, you still have to, desirably smoothly, move your life to a foreign country. And find a job.
Moving from Canada to Brooklyn requires a lot of planning
But in case you already have a job waiting for you, and you’ve settled your living situation, the only thing left is to rent our storage facilities Brooklyn! Then, of course, you can hire us to pack you and transport all your belongings! You’ll be ready to set out on your new adventure in no time!
Moving from Canada to Brooklyn sometimes requires years of preparation
Moving from Canada to Brooklyn is not something that you can do on short notice. Unfortunately, it usually requires years of learning, planning, and preparations. However, there are always certain groups of people who can easily obtain a permanent visa. But if you are not an American Indian, or you don’t have any special skills that are in high demand in the US, you will have to work very hard to get approved. But once you get a permanent visa, you just have to plan the process of long distance moving! Don’t worry, you have us on your side, and we have got you covered! Then, all you will be left to do is getting accustomed to a very different way of life.
You should visit Brooklyn before you decide to make it your permanent residence
The first thing to do before you start thinking about moving from Canada to Brooklyn is to explore New York. You probably already know a lot about the Big Apple from the Internet and TV, but you want to have a real feel of the city. That is why we recommend visiting it. Too many people around the world fantasize about living here, but they get culture-shocked once they are really there. Those people usually decide to move here without ever visiting New York. They almost always find out that living in Brooklyn’s neighborhoods is not like in TV shows and movies. Please don’t forget that the Big Apple can be a really cruel and unforgiving place to live sometimes. It will not be for everyone.
Canadian citizens need a visa to work in the US
If you are visiting the US, as a Canadian citizen you do not need a visa. You will also be able to stay for up to six months. Which is plenty of time to decide where to live, or if you even want to live here? You could spend more time getting to know Brooklyn, find a job, etc. On the other hand, if you have already decided you want to live in the US, you will need to acquire a permanent visa. Although there are many different ways to obtain a permanent US visa, it is never an easy task. So, before your fantasies about moving from Canada to Brooklyn start to affect your everyday life, learn what your possibilities of getting a visa are.
- Maybe you find out that there is no way to get one. And that you are only left with the option of the green card lottery.
- Unfortunately, the United States of America has a certain number of available spots in the green card lottery. Besides, Canada is one of the countries that get very few spots.
- So, moving from Canada to Brooklyn as a Canadian citizen is not that simple. But, don’t be discouraged because it is not impossible.
Where to live?
Manhattan has always been the most desirable destination in NYC. Almost everyone who is thinking about moving from Canada to Brooklyn would like to live here. But Brooklyn is the place to be if Manhattan is out of your price range. It has much more affordable rents and you get easy access to Lower Manhattan, Midtown Manhattan, and Upper East Side. What more could you want!
- If you decide to move out of Brooklyn, Queens is another NYC borough with affordable rents. However, it is not very close to Manhattan. If you end up commuting to Manhattan daily, you should stay in Brooklyn.
- The Bronx became infamous for its bad reputation. And even though that reputation could very well be substantiated, today, it is nothing like you could see in the ’80s and ’90s movies.
- Staten Island has a good connection with Brooklyn, but if you work in Manhattan, it is not the closest option. Furthermore, each of these five NYC boroughs consists of some very different neighborhoods. Each neighborhood has a different vibe and way of living. Therefore, finding a home after moving here will require lots of research.
Now let’s get to packing and moving
As you can see, moving from Canada to Brooklyn will not be as easy as you imagined. After learning everything there is to know about New York City living, and its different boroughs, you will have to find a job. And after you manage to overcome all those obstacles, there is still a complicated matter of packing and moving. Contact us and we will pack and transport your belongings smoothly, safely and seamlessly, all the way to another country. Good luck and have a safe relocation!