Moving to Greenpoint: How and why
If you’re among the eager people looking to be locals in New York (precisely in Brooklyn) Greenpoint should definitely be on your list of possible destinations. You haven’t heard of this area of Brooklyn yet? Well, you shouldn’t be missing out on this gem anymore. Greenpoint is an amazing neighborhood, so you are definitely in for a treat! Therefore, we’re going to give you a bit of an introduction to the Greenpoint neighborhood and reasons to move here. This way, you’ll have a clear picture of what you’re getting when relocating to Brooklyn. It can be easy to get lost in the sea of information, but don’t worry! U.Santini Moving & Storage has prepared an article to help you. Yours is to only sit back, relax and soak in on all the precious information about Greenpoint! So without further ado, here is everything you should know about moving to Greenpoint.
First of all, why should moving to Greenpoint be on top of your list?
Greenpoint neighborhood is located in the north of Brooklyn, so it is a perfect mixture of old and new. With the remainder of the Polish settlers and the European-style homes, it’s any history buff’s dream. However, if you prefer a modern setting, it’s got plenty of modern apartments available, too. Long distance movers Brooklyn will be there to make your move to Greenpoint easy peasy, so don’t worry! Greenpoint was one of NYC’s hidden gems, but not anymore! After a process of urbanization, Greenpoint started attracting many New Yorkers looking for less crowd and cheaper rent. Greenpoint is also well-connected with the rest of New York, so if you work “in the city” you won’t have much trouble getting to work. In recent years, it has become a popular spot for its wide variety of restaurants and club choices, so you don’t have to go very far to have fun!
I’m considering relocating to Greenpoint, but I haven’t made up my mind yet…
The decision of how and when to move house in NYC is a tough one. You may be worried about losing your apartment and not being able to find a new one, or just not being a part of the action! Therefore, it’s completely normal that you spend a bit of time thinking about options. Of course, you should, but don’t overthink it! If Greenpoint is on your radar, but you can’t decide yet, we advise that you play tourist. Find the interesting spots in the neighborhood and dedicate a day to exploring! Pack your bag and head out to the neighborhood in order to get a good feel for it. Try to get a good sense of the energy, and the people, but also check out the buildings and real estate. After that, moving to Greenpoint won’t really be a hard decision.
Here are some spots to consider visiting:
- Paulie Gee – ice cream for everyone! This is one of the most popular spots for tourists and locals alike. Paulie Gee’s has got a number of inventive flavors that will have you coming back, eager for a new challenge. How much ice cream is too much? That’s what we thought.
- Milk and Roses – Italy, but done in the American way. For the occasional business meetings or classy lunch and dinner, this is the place to be! It is both a bar and a restaurant, mixing delicious food menus with an extensive list of cocktails and wines. A definite plus for those moving to Greenpoint? We couldn’t agree more! Check out moving quotes Brooklyn and get ready for those amazing spots to be around you all day, every day.
- Karczma – the Polish tradition that remained and is going nowhere. Nowadays, Greenpoint has become more of a casual neighborhood, popular with youth and packed with modern buildings. However, there are still parts of the deeply rooted Polish culture that remain. Head down to Karczma for a meal and taste the European cuisine. Moving to Greenpoint will satisfy both your love for modernity and taste of good old days.
Will moving to Greenpoint be boring if I’m young?
Oh honey! Let’s just say: not at all! While the neighborhood does have plenty of history and old architecture to brag with, it’s among the most popular for the youth. Greenpoint entered its renaissance back in 2005., when it was rezoned. After that, many young people started noticing and flocking to this vibrant neighbourhood, and for a good reason! Not only does it have plenty of interesting options for going out, eating and taking a stroll, but also has a lot of affordable accommodation. Moving to Greenpoint is definitely a good option if you are young and on a budget! Our moving companies New York will be there to help you every step of the way, from packing to moving, and even storing the stuff you rarely use! Also, it has a perfect mix of modernity and tradition which many young people absolutely adore!
Here are some spots you should check out to confirm that moving to Greenpoint is great for young people:
- Spritzenhaus – the heaven for beer-lovers. Spritzenhaus is a place that combines the golden triad many young people love. You can have draft beer, wonderful food, and fun board games- all at the same time! It’s an affordable place and it’s also group friendly. This is perfect for a night out for someone who’s just moved to Greenpoint or wants to show off his new home to friends.
- Dusty Rose Vintage – the place to go for that new profile picture. If you’re among those who hunt for the vintage, this is the one. When visiting Dusty Rose Vintage you’ll find everything from footwear to jewelry. With its numerous eclectic events, such as tarot readings, it’s a definite stop for visitors and locals alike!
- McCarren Park – a must-see place, as well. If you’re living in NYC, you should already know that we’re big on greenery. Not only does it help the environment, but it also helps the soul, too! Therefore, it’s only natural to highlight the most beautiful park in Greenpoint. Take an afternoon off to cool down from your work, the city, or relocation to this neighborhood.
Finally, how do I move to Greenpoint without too much stress?
In general, moving comes with a bit of stress and anxiety. Regardless of the reasons behind a move, you could find yourself feeling frustrated, or even sad. However, if you’ve got a game plan and prioritize well, it isn’t too difficult. Therefore, we advise you to start preparing in advance. If you’ve been browsing our blog, we are sure you’ve already got plenty of tips in your head. First, you should remember that moving house is different for anyone, but there are some general rules. It’s important to find your own rhythm so your moving to Greenpoint will be less stressful. You should find reliable movers at least two months in advance, and learn just how big your inventory is. However, this is just the beginning, but don’t worry! We’ve compiled some of the common tips to help when moving to Greenpoint, no matter the type of homeowner you are.
Tips on moving to Greenpoint without losing your head
After you’ve visited the neighborhood and decided that it just might be the perfect place for you, it’s time for the actual relocation. Here are some general pointers which will be useful to any first-time mover:
- Write a list – it’s easy to forget and miss something you need to do. Write, type, speak into your phone, it doesn’t matter. Add a reminder for everything. Once you get started, you’ll probably end up forgetting some things unless you make lists. Here is a good moving checklist to help you get started!
- Make an inventory so you know what you have and then get rid of everything you don’t use. Pro tip: categorize the stuff you don’t need in throw away, donate or resell categories.
- Start early – a few months in advance is perfect. Yes, there are such things as last-minute moves. Are they good? Maybe, but not for your sanity. If you’re planning on moving to Greenpoint without much stress, trust us and start early. This way, you’ll have the time to actually plan your budget, pack, and find good movers.
- Check everything twice – just in case. New York is a busy city. To avoid all kinds of mishaps, be sure that everything is covered and planned. Confirm the moving day with your professional relocation company. Call the landlord one extra time and be sure that your new place is still good. Double-check that you’ve finished transferring all the utilities and mail, as well. This way you will know if you need to fix something, or just have a piece of mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
At U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn, we've earned our reputation through honesty and transparency. We're here to address all your questions and provide peace of mind as you choose our moving services in Brooklyn.
What are your working hours?
We are open from Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM–5 PM, but feel free to contact us through our contact form anytime. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Does U.Santini Moving & Storage offer insurance?
Absolutely! We offer various types of insurance to protect your belongings, including a full replacement option. The cost depends on how much your things are worth and the deductible you choose.
How soon should I schedule my move?
It's a good idea to book your moving company at least 8 weeks before your move. If you're moving during the holidays or in the summer, it's best to schedule it 12 weeks ahead. But if your move is between September and May, you can often book movers with just 2 weeks' notice. The key is to secure your moving crew as soon as you have all the details about your move.
Do you provide packing supplies?
Yes, we do. Along with the necessary boxes and packing materials for your move, we offer various 'Saver' packages tailored to the size of your home. If you don't use all the boxes you purchased, you can return them to our team after the move, and we'll refund the unused portion.
What type of storage do you offer?
At U. Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn, we offer complete storage solutions in climate-controlled units. Our units are monitored 24/7 to keep your belongings safe, whether you need short-term or long-term storage. We even provide storage options for very short durations, including as little as 24 hours.