Moving with Children
MOVING WITH CHILDREN
Hopefully you have read my previous blog and have found it helpful.
But there is one additional factor to consider, perhaps the most important, in choosing a mover. This is the issue of moving with children. This factor is the way a mover considers the children in your family. When you are moving with children the ideas below can help to put your children’s minds more at ease when dealing with the idea of moving to a new strange city and home.
This “Moving with Children” article will deal with a child’s special needs and concerns:
- What to pack – we will guide you as to how to pack your child’s belongings if you are doing the packing. If we are doing the packing be sure we know the items that need special care.
- What not to pack – we will point out to you what to keep out or be sure we know what to leave out: things like a favorite game, a toy or a teddy bear!
When you are moving with children, here are other ideas that can help reduce or eliminate the fears of a new city or new home:
- Show you children pictures of the new place where they will be living.
- Or, if possible take your child and familiarize them with their home or even their new room so that they can be excited to.
- Reassure your child that you are ALL moving and that mommy and daddy aren’t going away
Other suggestions on how to handle the packing and the move when moving with children:
- Try to avoid your child seeing all of their things gone at one time.
- Leave out special things until the last minute.
- Make a little personal book about the move and read it to a young child frequently before the move day.
- Have your mover set up your child’s room first (if possible) so they can come into their new room with the familiarity of the old one.
- If you are moving to or from Brooklyn check some great books on moving from the library… www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org
Keep in mind that U. Santini is a 3rd generation company with our own family. We have moved with our children as well. We understand what is involved and what it takes!
So come move with U. Santini. The only company that can say we are…….
80 years and still movin!
Have you or are you moving with children?
What thoughts or experiences can you share with us? Email us at email@example.com.
If we put your input on our website you will automatically receive a 10% discount on your move with U. Santini. Just include your first name only, your city and state and a your valid email address.
Frequently Asked Questions
U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn has built its reputation on honesty and transparency. We are here to answer all your questions and put your mind at ease when choosing our Brooklyn movers:
What are your working hours?
We are open from Monday to Friday 7:30 AM–5 PM but feel free to contact us through our contact form anytime. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Does U.Santini offer insurance?
Yes. Our company offers several different types of insurance protection, including a full replacement for your belongings. The cost of the coverage will depend on the value you declare for your goods and the level of deduction you select.
How soon should I schedule my move?
It is recommended to arrange for the services of a moving company at least 8 weeks ahead of your planned move. If you plan to move during the holiday season or in the summer, it is advisable to schedule the move 12 weeks in advance. However, for moves that occur between September and May, you may be able to book movers with just 2 weeks' notice. Ideally, you should secure your moving crew as soon as you have all the necessary information about your relocation.
Does your company offer packing supplies?
We do. In addition to providing you with the essential boxes and packing supplies required for your relocation, we offer several "Saver" packages tailored to the size of your home. If you do not use all the boxes you have bought, you can return them to the moving team at the end of your move, and we will reimburse the remaining amount.
What type of storage does your company offer?
U. Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn provides comprehensive storage solutions in climate-controlled units. Our units are supervised round-the-clock, ensuring the safety of your belongings, whether you store them for a short or long duration. Additionally, we offer storage services for very brief periods, including as little as 24 hours.