Proper packing is essential to a successful move.
Packing is an extremely important aspect of relocation, and if you leave it to the last minute you’re almost certain to regret it. There are specific boxes and containers for packing various items from dishes to sports equipment. It is wise to consider using these specially designed boxes or utilizing the help of a moving professional to pack for you. If you choose to pack yourself , be sure to wrap everything carefully and tightly. It’s an invaluable idea to mark the outside of all boxes with a short list of their contents or identify the room that is their final destination.
Remove stress and save time by having us pack your belongings for you.
We provide FREE quilt-pad Wrapping of All Furniture!
We’ll be glad to pack (and unpack) the contents of your entire home.
If U.Santini Moving & Storage is packing and unpacking for you, your move should be smooth and stress-free from start to finish. But, if you’re doing your own packing, here are some valuable tips:
- Packing always takes longer than you think. Give yourself plenty of time. Start early.
- Mark the boxes you will need first with a star or other symbol. Place belongings you will want on Day One — sheets, towels, toiletries, change of clothes — in a suitcase or hamper for easy access.
- Designate a place to pack. Your packing station should be a little-used room or corner in your apartment or house.
- Plan your packing material requirements with us. Schedule our delivery of boxes (assorted sizes), wardrobes, packing tape, bubble wrap, popcorn, newsprint and whatever else you need 3 weeks before your move date. Make sure you have a stash of markers on hand.
- Pack heavy things in smaller boxes; light stuff in big boxes. Packing is counter-intuitive. You don’t want to fill a large box until it weighs 100 pounds and breaks.
- Don’t empty dressers and chests before you move. Leave them full, and tape the drawers shut. This makes the most of valuable truck space. You will also get less load shift. If a chest is empty, fill it with linens. And don’t pack empty suitcases. Fill them. Don’t pack air.
- Boxes stack, but sturdy trash bags squish. Heavy Duty Trash Bags are a treasure. Fill them with soft non-breakables. They can be stuffed into trucks and squeezed into places that boxes can’t.
- Pack hanging clothes in wardrobe boxes. When the move is over, your hanging clothes will remain fresh and be easy to transfer to your new closets. Make sure you order enough wardrobe boxes from us.
- Remember to pad and stack when you pack.
Save on boxes by using blankets and beach towels as pads. Wrap
and tape blankets around lamp bases and artwork. Protect your lampshades from taking a beating. Remove each shade; stack them small to large, then pack them together in one or two boxes.
- Mark every box with its contents and destination (kitchen, master bedroom, etc.) on more than one side. Label every box on two sides. If contents are fragile, label it “FRAGILE” or, “HANDLE WITH CARE.”
- Have everything packed before U.Santini arrives. Disassemble whatever needs to be taken apart. (Tape nuts and bolts securely to furniture items.) Roll area rugs up tight and tape them. The more organized you are, the less time your move will take.
- You’re packed. It’s time for U.Santini to load up the truck.