The time for moving house has come again, but you’ve decided to try something a bit different now? Well, PODs might just be the perfect choice. If you’ve tried a DIY relocation before, you will know the basics of this, then. However, it’s something in between hiring a reliable Brooklyn moving company and doing it completely on your own. And, the best part is, storage pods are convenient and some work can be farmed out to a local Brooklyn relocation company. So, today we wanted to give you some pod container moving tips Brooklyn, and help you decide what to do.
First, what is a pod container and why should I use it when moving house?
So, you’re a bit familiar with moving house? Perfect! A POD is a container which has revolutionized the way DIY moving works. It is a storage container for relocation which you can rent. PODs are usually called pod containers or storage pods. They are affordable, high-quality, reliable and convenient when moving house. So, why do people even use moving companies anymore? Well, a POD is great if you’re going to be relocating a small amount of belongings to a nearby destination. When you’re considering a moving to a different state, experienced long-distance movers from New York are definitely needed. When you hire their services, not only will your belongings be safe, but you won’t be tired from packing and loading them. But, this isn’t our topic today. Instead, we wanted to tell you a bit about pod container moving tips Brooklyn and how to apply them.
How should I start the process of acquiring and preparing my pod container for the move?
There are no pod container moving tips Brooklyn which we need to give you here. Obtaining a pod is an easy job. You will simply rent it from a company and decide where you want it. Normally, the provider will deliver the container pod to a ground level area of your choice. The best part is that this pod can remain there as long as you need it. It’s a waterproof and weatherproof unit. After that, you load it, you will be able to either place the pod into Brooklyn storage or have it shipped to your new home. If you’re looking for a size estimate of the space, we’ve got it. According to our pod container moving tips Brooklyn, one or two rooms should be able to fit a single storage unit.
On the topic of preparing your pod for loading, there isn’t too much to do. You will likely need a few things when packing things, though. We suggest that you have a dolly, some loading straps, paper pads, furniture pads and stretch wrap. Of course, if you need help with this, moving companies often provide packing and unpacking services in Brooklyn. And, when you have all the items remember these rules when loading the pod:
- Stacking is essential in our pod container moving tips Brooklyn. Create a solid wall of same size boxes when loading your pod. This will provide stability and prevent your belongings from shifting during transportation.
- Weight distribution is another golden rule of loading a storage pod. It’s essential that the weight is equal on both sides when you load your container pod.
- Space is sacred in a container pod – use it wisely. The same rule applies to loading a pod as well as to packing one of the Brooklyn moving boxes.
Is there anything different in pod container moving tips Brooklyn about packing boxes?
So, we’ve already given copious amounts of Brooklyn moving tips. And, there are a number of them which will tell you some of the most important rules of packing tips for a Brooklyn move. But, what is different when you’re preparing your belongings for movers and when you’re loading a container pod yourself? Well, the main tip here is that you need to keep in mind that you will be carrying the boxes. So, when doing a belongings assessment, keep this in mind. What are the items that you really need? What is just taking up space? And, when packing your boxes, remember that you need to be able to lift them. Here’s a one of the essential pod container moving tips Brooklyn: cut out handles on your boxes. It will make lifting them easy.
But, unlike with a moving company relocation in NYC, you don’t need to pack everything. One of the most important pod container moving tips Brooklyn is that you won’t need to place everything inside the pod. Instead, we’d suggest keeping your fragile and most valuable items out of the pod. Storage pod in New York are generally safe for these kinds of items. However, if you want to be on the safe side, arrange an alternate transportation for them.
Finally, are there any other pod container moving tips Brooklyn I should know about?
Well, with all of this information, you should be safe to use a storage pod easily enough. We want you to keep in mind that the most common mistake with pod containers is rushing to load and unload them. Take your time when doing this. On the other hand, we have a few more tips for you to remember:
- Among our pod container moving tips Brooklyn, we need to remind you about the cheapest of padding – your belongings. Newspaper, pillows, and mattresses make great padding. Of course, remember to use plenty of stretch wrap to keep everything secure during transport.
- You should keep your container pod locked in Brooklyn when you aren’t using it. It’s the best way to keep your belongings safe.
- Against mold, mildew, and odor you could use moisture absorbers. You can either purchase them online or from the company which is renting the container pod out to you. They will keep your belongings safe from damage during the trip. However, if you’re planning on storing them for a longer period of time, you may need alternate solutions.
- If there are loading straps provided with the container pod, remember to learn how to use them. A common mistake of homeowners is forcing the straps or not securing them properly.