Th spring officially started, and even-though the first day of Spring brought a snow storm across New York and New Jersey, we all know that good weather is just a cross the corner.
If you are one of the millions of Americans who intend to move this summer, it will be a good idea to start preparing now in order to have the perfect move this summer.
Moving in the spring or summer is not the best way to save on your moving costs. You can read our blog post “What is the best time to move to a new home?” to see what is the the most cost effective time to move and why. But, many of us do not have the luxury of choosing when we move and for a lot of people, spring and summer are the time the have to move. As a lot of people tend to move in the summer months,
1. it is usually harder and more expensive to find an apartment to rent, or buy, in these months. If you are planning to move in August, than start searching for a new apartment in April. Summertime is the time when many students and other young people leave home or school to find a job in a metropolitan area. If you intend to move to a big city, than finding an apartment before summer months is imperative.
2. Spring cleaning – Sprig cleaning is an age old rituals in which many of us humans clean our houses, apartments, caves etc and get rid of whatever we accumulated the year before. This is a great activity to engage in before moving. Declutter your apartment and get rid of everything that you don’t want to have in your new place. Find out about how to declutter your house in our blog post “Eight tips for decluttering your home before moving to NYC” and use the great tips our experts compiled for you.
3. Garage sale season – Spring is optimal garage sale season. If you are planning your move for the summer than getting rid of unwanted items and making some extra cash to pay for the move is probably the right thing to do. Maybe you will not make enough money to pay for the whole move, but you can probably pay for some packing materials and have enough left to tip the movers on the big day. You will also declutter your house and recycle some of your old belongings. Always better than throwing your old stuff in a landfill, or just dragging it to your new home.
4. Get Free boxes – Spring is a great time to hunt for new packing boxes for you summer move. Save real money by using used and recycled boxes fro your move. New York City is full of places where you can get free boxes. When you prepare your move, make sure to read our blog post “Six places to find FREE moving boxes” to learn in detail how you should go about it.
5. Research the moving market carefully and find the right company for your move – Check out the Better Business Bureau website and locate moving companies that have an A+ BBB rating. Find a trusted moving and storage company and give them their business. We all want to save on moving costs, but there is nothing that replaces good, professional moving service. Find the right company for your move, get a written and detailed estimate about the cost and duration of the move, and get good professional advice on how to save on your move.
About U. Santini moving and storage: