Moving to or from New York City is no small endeavor, especially if you own a business. It takes a skilled planner and proper coordination to execute an office move in NYC properly. From choosing the right moving and storage Brooklyn company to working over many other details – there’s a lot on your hands, and you have work to do on top of that. So, how does one move their small workspace in New York? U. Santini Moving and Storage can help. With our tips for a small office move in NYC, your move will, without a doubt, be a breeze. It goes without saying that relocation is stressful and especially difficult when you’re running a business. However, that doesn’t have to be the case with your commercial move. Stay with us and learn how to get your office moved efficiently!
Preparing and planning is the key to a successful small office move in NYC
Business and moving have one thing in common: good planning. In order to have your business running properly, you have to plan and be on point. For your move to be as stress-free as possible, you need to be good with time and communication. Whether you’re moving with Brooklyn commercial movers or alone, the following tips will help you.
- If you have to move by a set date, start looking for new office space on time. Once you’ve found and secured a new office, start preparing right away.
- We warmly advise that you get someone like an office manager to handle communication. Someone has to keep in touch with the landlords, management companies, and movers at the same time, for optimal performance.
- Make sure to inform your employees about the upcoming changes on time! This will help both you and them, as they’ll be able to keep track of any deadlines, make choices, and start packing and getting ready.
- Contact service providers for both of your offices. Make sure to check if you can transfer any of the services to your new office.
- Ensure that your current office space lease does not end right after you move in. Mishaps are possible, and if you can’t move or work in your new office right away, it’s good to have somewhere to go.
- If you decide to rely on a moving company, make sure to do extensive research and find the most reliable corporate movers NYC has to offer. Don’t settle for just any moving company.
- Have a set timeline with milestones and deadlines that you plan to complete sooner or later. This will help you with planning, keeping track of things, and overall help you transition smoothly.
Ensuring the safety of your data and work is a crucial step during the move
While moving your small office to New York City, anything can happen to your valuable data. If you keep your data online, due to faulty servers or hard disks, you can lose crucial records. It is vital to back up your data and safeguard it when traveling in order to prevent loss and security breaches.
To protect the information about your clients, staff, and the like, for instance, you can use a digital visitor management system. The best thing is that since it is cloud-based, you can move without having to worry about losing anything. This will also help you in a legal sense! By using this software, you adhere to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), as you won’t lose information on previous customers that visited your office before the move.
However, if you rely on paperwork, files, and documents, hiring reliable office movers in Brooklyn can help keep things safe. With years of experience under the belt, and with high-quality packing materials, the right moving company will move your office efficiently no matter the size. We know that offices and companies heavily depend on their important papers. Any loss or damage to important documents can set a business back, so U. Santini makes sure all your document makes it to your new office safely. So, if you don’t know who to turn to while relocating your small office in NYC, remember that we’re here to help.
Update, prepare, clean up, and be patient
Even if you hire corporate movers in NYC for the move, there are still some things you can do while you wait for moving day. Firstly, you can deep clean and declutter your office to reduce moving costs and complications. Whatever you don’t need, you can get rid of it and make space. Secondly, you want to update your address on your website, business cards, and so on. Keep your clients updated as well! Another thing you can do is tell your employees to pack their work desks gradually.
However, also remind them to label their boxes, so that things don’t get mixed up while unpacking. One last tip is to plan the interior of your new office. Check the measures of each area in the office and your furniture and equipment. Plan out the placement of your items, or hire an interior designer to do so for you.
Small office, good plan, easy move!
One nifty thing about having a small office is that it makes moving easier than usual. Along with U. Santini’s tips for a small office move in NYC, the whole procedure will very likely be a breeze, both for you and your employees. It’s in every business owner’s interest to get their business up and running as soon as possible, and that can easily be achieved. With the help of our movers, you won’t even feel like you relocated your office at all! It all starts with a free moving quote, so why not give it a try?