Tips for packing shelves and tables
Moving to a new place is exciting. It is a chance for a new beginning and new beginnings. There is one thing that every move has in common – packing. With all your furniture and boxes of other things, it may seem too much to have to load everything into a moving truck. In this post, you will find out how packing shelves and tables can go smoothly and stress-free. Besides, it’s always good to research moving and storage Brooklyn – based companies and make the whole process of relocation much easier.
Make sure to obtain quality packing materials
To do the packing job successfully, you will need the right moving supplies:
- Sturdy boxes – The packing boxes you will use to pack heavy items must be durable. That way they can withstand the extra weight. Purchasing a solid cardboard box with multiple layers is always a good idea. When packing heavy fragile items, you can even buy plastic or wooden crates for added security.
- Thin wrapping materials – Your heavy household items will need to be well protected during transfer. This protection can be achieved by using multiple sheets of bubble wrap or thicker fabric. They serve as cushions in the event of an accidental impact or fall during the move.
- Soft wrapping paper – Primarily used as the first layer of protection before using bubble wrap or furniture covers.
- Quality packing tape – Provide several rolls of quality packing tape that will provide you with the necessary reinforcement of heavy cardboard boxes and fixation of wrapping material around your large items.
Be careful when packing pieces of shelves and tables
You need to make sure that the cardboard moving boxes that you will use to transport heavy items are ready to bear the weight. Here are some guidelines for preparing the boxes that you should follow carefully:
- Choose packing boxes that are strong and have no visible signs of damage. This is especially important for used cardboard boxes.
- Use strong packing tape to strengthen the bottom of each cardboard box you want to use to pack heavy items. You would not want your boxes to be opened and the contents spilled during carrying
- For added safety, place crumpled paper or pieces of bubble wrap on the bottom of each box.
When it comes to packing shelves and tables, the first step is to disassemble different parts so that they can be packed and transported easier and safer. Make sure to check their installation manuals. Protect all fragile parts first with soft paper and then with cling film. Also, consider placing pieces of thick cardboard over the sensitive elements as additional protection. Wrap all disassembled pieces with thick furniture covers (blankets) that will serve as effective cushions to eliminate the risk of damage during transport. Cover all the remaining pieces of furniture with protective covers, and then tape them with duct tape to keep them wrapped. Do not allow any packing tape to come in contact with the surface of your furniture to avoid stains.
Packing can go faster and better with a team of professionals
There are many reputable long-distance or even small office movers in Brooklyn and choosing the wrong one will bring you problems and headaches. It’s is better to make sure the company you choose is reputable and reliable. Here are a few examples of what you should pay attention to and how to make the right decision:
- Experience and efficiency are important. The more times and more often you do something the better you will be at it. This also applies to moving companies. An experienced company and workers will do the job the fastest and best, precisely because they have done it many times. They know how to pack things in an optimal way to avoid damage and to make moving and transport go smoothly. Be sure to check out one of the most experienced companies in this field.
- If the company has a professional-looking website where you can easily find all information and customer reviews, then you can be sure the company is serious about its work. A company that understands the importance of the internet and how it presents itself to potential clients is quite necessary nowadays.
- If a company performs intercity and international transport you immediately know that they have a lot of experience. International and intercity transport is demanding and expensive, so companies with less experience usually don’t do them.
- Many moving agencies pay special attention to the quality of services they provide. Besides moving, they offer packing and unpacking, the possibility of storage for a certain period, mounting furniture, or disassembling it before the move.
Consider renting a moving truck and storage unit
A self-storage is always a great option when you move. Moving can sometimes take a long time and the safety of your belongings is essential. Consult a company that can rent you a high-quality storage unit. Also, don’t forget that a moving truck is also important, especially when it comes to long-distance moves. Have in mind that the price of fuel is not included in the total price of moving. Last but not least, inform yourself about the moving truck Brooklyn moving company you’ve chosen offers, the size of the truck, and its sanitization.
Big and heavy furniture needs extra care
Keep in mind that packing shelves and tables, and heavy furniture, in general, can be complicated due to the large weight and large dimensions of these items. Without a doubt, the best way to pack heavy items is to have reliable helpers around you when doing so. Also, pack heavy fragile items with extra care and do not overload cardboard boxes (up to 25kg). At best, you can hire professionals to help you pack your heavy items quickly and safely. You will remain relaxed and be able to commit to other important tasks before you move.
Frequently Asked Questions
At U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn, we've earned our reputation through honesty and transparency. We're here to address all your questions and provide peace of mind as you choose our moving services in Brooklyn.
What are your working hours?
We are open from Monday to Friday, 7:30 AM–5 PM, but feel free to contact us through our contact form anytime. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Does U.Santini Moving & Storage offer insurance?
Absolutely! We offer various types of insurance to protect your belongings, including a full replacement option. The cost depends on how much your things are worth and the deductible you choose.
How soon should I schedule my move?
It's a good idea to book your moving company at least 8 weeks before your move. If you're moving during the holidays or in the summer, it's best to schedule it 12 weeks ahead. But if your move is between September and May, you can often book movers with just 2 weeks' notice. The key is to secure your moving crew as soon as you have all the details about your move.
Do you provide packing supplies?
Yes, we do. Along with the necessary boxes and packing materials for your move, we offer various 'Saver' packages tailored to the size of your home. If you don't use all the boxes you purchased, you can return them to our team after the move, and we'll refund the unused portion.
What type of storage do you offer?
At U. Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn, we offer complete storage solutions in climate-controlled units. Our units are monitored 24/7 to keep your belongings safe, whether you need short-term or long-term storage. We even provide storage options for very short durations, including as little as 24 hours.