Having to consider various factors for a safe, easy and a stress-free move, we often forget that the time frame is equally important. Choosing the best time to move can save you a lot of time and a considerable amount of money as well. Also, it may bring the stress level to the minimum, which shouldn’t be underestimated.
So, is there really the unique best time to move for all of us? Of course not! Understandably, our needs, priorities, and life circumstances are different. Thus, it goes without saying that our perfect timings will differ. However, we can provide you with some advice on what the crucial factors of a move are, what they depend on and how to choose intelligent solutions for your moves. Whether you are moving your home or organizing Brooklyn office moving, pay close attention to what follows.
What does the best time to move depend on?
Although there are some general rules about the best time to move, they are not equally applied to all of us. Indeed, the time we choose for relocation will depend on the following:
- Our family – If you live in a family with school-age children, the school year is an important factor you need to consider. Inevitably, you will have to help your kids adapt to a new school, but it’s better to leave this for the beginning of a new school year if possible.
- Our employment – Can you afford the luxury of a day off, or moving during the weekend is the only option? If you are forced to the latter option, plan to book movers far in advance to be entitled to more flexible scheduling.
- Our moving budget – This will significantly affect the moving option you choose. If you decide to face the challenges of a DIY move, you’ll be able to choose the time to move, but you might come across some serious timing difficulties as well. If you make some bad decisions, you might get stuck into the rush hour or have problems with parking a moving truck on the moving day.
- Our moving-related circumstances – Your choices will be different if you are obliged to move within a certain time frame when compared to your own wish to make changes and move somewhere else.
Once you realize and list the factors that affect your personal move, you can make choices on the best time to move. Luckily, U.Santini Moving & Storage has some useful tips for you.
What time of day is the best time to move?
People don’t say that an early bird catches the worm for nothing. In the spirit of this adage, the best time of day to start your move is early morning. This is beneficial for several reasons:
- Firstly, you can avoid heavy traffic which can be a serious obstacle to your smooth move. Thus, pay close attention to this factor if you are moving from New York, for example. Traffic jams here can be horrendous.
- Secondly, the temperatures are more pleasant, particularly during the summer. Concerning the amount of physical labor, a move includes, this is very important, too.
- Finally, something as complicated as a move can’t and shouldn’t be done in haste. Otherwise, the chances of making mistakes are considerable. When you start your move early, you get more time to unpack later on and organize in your new living space.
What day of the week is the best time to move?
Although there certainly are some benefits of moving during the weekend, avoid this if possible. Roads tend to be very busy at this time, which can significantly complicate your relocation process. Hence, if you can get a day off, organize your move on a weekday, from Monday to Thursday. The chances are that your relocation will be less stressful and with no serious difficulties.
What time of year is the best time to move?
When it comes to the time of year, the best time to move would be late fall or early spring. However, each season has its own set of relocation-related pros and cons. Your needs, preferences and life circumstances will influence your final choice by all means.
A spring move – yes or no?
Choosing to move in spring may be a smart decision. There are still reputable moving companies which can be hired for an affordable price. Very soon, when the peak season starts, the rates start rocketing as well. Another advantage is the nice weather. Temperatures are pleasantly warm, ideal to get down to work. On the other hand, there is a big disadvantage for families with school-age children. Unsurprisingly, moving during the school year is highly demanding for them. This increases the stress level to the maximum. Think well whether you can avoid this.
Is summer the best time to move?
To sell your property yes, but to move-not really. This is the peak season for moving companies and it can get very difficult to find a decent, affordable mover at this time. High temperatures during the day are yet another inconvenience you need to deal with. If you still want to move during summer, considering a DIY move is maybe a better solution. You can arrange a schedule that suits you and use more hours of the day to complete your relocation.
Is moving in fall appropriate for you?
This may be a good idea. The peak season is over, so now you can find dependable movers at favorable prices again. Also, you can move at ease before the holiday season since nobody likes packing and moving in a hurry. The only problem might be if your kids have to go to school. However, don’t get too worried about that. The school year has just started, so they will catch up with their peers soon.
A winter move – thanks but no thanks
The only advantage of a winter move is the fact that moving companies are much cheaper. Plus, a lot of them are available and can arrange the best schedule for you. However, the cold, ice, low temperatures require much more preparation and make moving in winter very challenging. Are you brave enough to get involved in a winter move?
Have you chosen your own best time to move?
If you have decided on your own best time to move, all you need now is a professional, reputable mover to help you. Start searching for a reliable moving company, request free quotes and check BBB ratings. Hopefully, you will find the help you need and experience a stress-free, enjoyable relocation.