Making the journey to that stress-free Brooklyn move
Putting down your foot and deciding to move is never an easy decision. It carries plenty of responsibilities – finding the right movers, skimming through comments and reviews, planning out the packing and unpacking, getting that ideal apartment or house… Basically, you burn through a whole lot of time and stress. So have you considered how to accomplish that stress-free Brooklyn move in a few simple steps?
Tips on making that stress-free Brooklyn move
Having NYC as your new home, you need to live up to that life-style. Instead of stressing and worrying over every detail about your Brooklyn relocation, just take it step by step like a boss. And in case you’re lost on how to get there, we might be able to help you with this simple guide. This is what you would call stress-relief through reading and understanding.
Embrace your choice to move to Brooklyn in order to prevent stress
Moving can be quite frightening in addition to being a long and slightly complicated process. After all, you are going to a completely new place to start all over or transition to that next step. So the important thing to do is take a deep breath and relax.
Easier said than done, right? Wrong.
It gets much more easier once you know what to focus on. As long as you are positive and put all the good vibes in front of the concerns, you’ll be headed for that stress-free Brooklyn move avenue.
Just think on how Brooklyn can influence you and enrich up your life. East coast sunlight, people everywhere around you, opportunities that can be found on every corner. And since is such a popular destination, you will get the chance to meet a whole lot of people and make that Brooklyn nest in no time. And when you’re looking to re-locate and find or start new business endeavors, the more contacts you make, the easier it will be.
Achieving a stress-free Brooklyn move takes planning and preparation
With most things in life, planning is half the battle. Relocation is no exception to this fact. So if you are looking to blow off some stress, consider taking out the necessary time to plan out the entire moving process. And here are some key tips to get you started on the path:
- Make sure to secure your new Brooklyn home before all else. Transporting your stuff from point A to point B is the very definition of moving. With that in mind, securing point B should be the first and most important step. So start looking into finding that perfect Miami apartment.
- Secure the services of an ideal Brooklyn mover for your stress-free relocation. Saving money is always in your best interest, especially when you are looking to re-locate to NYC. But you also need to make sure that your possessions are moved safely and without harm. So get into doing research – comb through the Web, ask around and look into local moving companies. Get some additional recommendations, dial some phone numbers and schedule face-to-face interviews with the moving reps. The more reliable the mover, the more at ease you will be. And the more at ease you are, the less stress you experience.
- Prepare and plan out your packing ahead of time. Give yourself two or even three weeks before the actual move to begin packing everything up. Do an inventory and go about finding the right packing material required. Then plan out how to go about packing everything you need. Consider that the moving checklist is long and that leaving everything for the last minute only complicates things. This it something you want to avoid when looking to reduce moving stress to a minimum.
De-clutter your way to a stress-free Brooklyn move
Given how much of a hassle packing might be, why not modify your approach and make it a fun project. Once you’ve gone through your belongings, there will be so much ways to go about minimizing stress:
- In case you are planning a yard sale, taking photos of the stuff and promoting them can be quite interesting. Call some friends and make a day out of it. Pick out a sunny day (preferably Saturday) to spread out all of you stuff in an organized manner. Make sure that you advertise to your neighborhood and co-workers to get the best outcome possible.
- If a yard sale is not in your venue, how about charging on positive energy through donation. There are always less fortunate people out there that could use some of the things that you no longer need. Consider how much your old coffee table or clothing and toys that you’ve outgrown could mean to those less fortunate. So look into your local charitable organizations and give them a call. Some might even be willing to come by and pick up the thing you want to donate. And what better way to leave you mark on the community that you’re leaving behind.
- Consider whether any of your possessions has the attention of your friends. It’s good to sell to someone, but even better to gift to someone who you know will appreciate it. And the best thing is that this would be a win-win option. You de-clutter, saving space and moving costs, while at the same time showing your friends how much you care. That’s what you would call stress-relief 101.
And another thing – you must have a whole lot of food and drinks that need to get consumed before you move out, right? So why not make a farewell party with friends and neighbors. Make some cocktails, prepare some interesting meals and make some parting memories. Laughs and tears are guaranteed but more importantly, so are happiness and stress-relief.
Post-move paranoia and how to conquer it
It’s important for to understand that everyone goes through three stages while moving:
- Letting go – packing up everything and saying “farewell” to your friends.
- The in-between – looking back at what you’ve left behind while on your way to your new home.
- New beginning – setting yourself up in your new Brooklyn residence and making a nest for your new life.
Focusing on the third phase – you need to realize how to go about launching that new beginning. And there are several ways to go about doing that:
- Get to know your new neighbors. Nothing like new friends to help you blend into your new surroundings. It also helps to have someone to count on in case of emergencies. And you will get some insight into what the neighborhood has to offer.
- Go out for a walk and explore. As majestic as it is – NYC can be quite interesting to explore, so why go out on an adventure. You might be surprised by what and who you find.
- See the full potential that is in front of you. No matter the reason for you decision to move, the important thing is to remain positive. Things have a way of working themselves out, and in time, everything fits right in where it’s supposed to. So go out and seize the day!
Frequently Asked Questions
U.Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn has built its reputation on honesty and transparency. We are here to answer all your questions and put your mind at ease when choosing our Brooklyn movers:
What are your working hours?
We are open from Monday to Friday 7:30 AM–5 PM but feel free to contact us through our contact form anytime. We'll get back to you ASAP.
Does U.Santini offer insurance?
Yes. Our company offers several different types of insurance protection, including a full replacement for your belongings. The cost of the coverage will depend on the value you declare for your goods and the level of deduction you select.
How soon should I schedule my move?
It is recommended to arrange for the services of a moving company at least 8 weeks ahead of your planned move. If you plan to move during the holiday season or in the summer, it is advisable to schedule the move 12 weeks in advance. However, for moves that occur between September and May, you may be able to book movers with just 2 weeks' notice. Ideally, you should secure your moving crew as soon as you have all the necessary information about your relocation.
Does your company offer packing supplies?
We do. In addition to providing you with the essential boxes and packing supplies required for your relocation, we offer several "Saver" packages tailored to the size of your home. If you do not use all the boxes you have bought, you can return them to the moving team at the end of your move, and we will reimburse the remaining amount.
What type of storage does your company offer?
U. Santini Moving & Storage Brooklyn provides comprehensive storage solutions in climate-controlled units. Our units are supervised round-the-clock, ensuring the safety of your belongings, whether you store them for a short or long duration. Additionally, we offer storage services for very brief periods, including as little as 24 hours.